Martial law declaired at all NFL football games!!

nice I guess your country is now land of the sorta not free and home of the afraid...... from what we see up here is a country whos media wants to instill fear in its people and will stop at nothing to drive that point home....
Now THAT may be the truest statement in this thread so far...and from a CANADIAN no less! You are absolutely correct mate...the media here spend their entire time scaring the living crap out of their viewers and readers. To the point where every parent thinks there is a sexual predator on every street corner waiting to pounce on our children and we are just one heartbeat away from another major terrorist attack. It would be funny, but it has shaped every aspect of our lives now.

Wait a sec, the NFL isn't a GOVERNMENT, it's a PRIVATE ENTERPRISE. Your ticket is a contract between you and that private enterprise, and I'll bet if you read the fine print somewhere it will say you are SUBJECT TO SEARCH. If you don't like it, don't buy the ticket and watch on TV. I don't like it, but I have a choice of whether or not I'm willing to accept the rules to attend. Free enterprise.
Absolutely true, and I would applaud your insight and intelligence, but for the fact you do jump out of airplanes!

When people stop suing businesses over security then you might see things like this go away... I'm with skydivr on this one, its a business they can do whatever they want... If a shooting occurred at the stadium what do you think the victims would do, yep...... Sue the NFL for not providing enough security, just like the lawsuits from the college shootings, just like the airlines sued and just every other thing out there... The NFL isnt looking for guns to help security, they know guns are still going to get in, the NFL is searching to protect from lawsuits.

cap

understood cap i didnt find articles stateing this was goverment issued... But following your logic this can apply to anywhere large population can be.. And corporations in "our best intrest and safety" can superceed a constitutional right that the goverment ( supposibly) cannot enforce but private corporations are not subject to the bill of rights??? so concerts?....pat down. Malls???...pat down...walmart??...pat down... How far will (and belive me more will push this) this go and if corporations can violate the bill of rights...then they are above goverment, cobstitution, and the bill of rights????

understood cap i didnt find articles stateing this was goverment issued... But following your logic this can apply to anywhere large population can be.. And corporations in "our best intrest and safety" can superceed a constitutional right that the goverment ( supposibly) cannot enforce but private corporations are not subject to the bill of rights??? so concerts?....pat down. Malls???...pat down...walmart??...pat down... How far will (and belive me more will push this) this go and if corporations can violate the bill of rights...then they are above goverment, cobstitution, and the bill of rights????
With respect Chris I think you may be confused about what rights your constitution gives you. In addition, it seems to me you are all for individual freedoms as long as you like those freedoms. Let me explain: Should I not have the freedom to deny anyone entry into my home or my business that I choose for any reason I choose, including carrying a weapon? It is MY home, and MY business...even the police can't enter if I deny them access without a warrant. A football stadium is no different other than it is bigger. It is a private building that the owner allows you to enter on HIS terms, not yours! Nothing in the Bill of Rights says any different. I understand your frustration and your concerns that we are on a slippery slope, but that doesn't make you right!

The NFL has ordered all franchises to conduct PAT DOWN searches of AlL fans entering stadiums!! Yes you to can be a witness an willing participant to this historical violation of our constitutional right of unreasonable SEARCH and siezure all in the name of you looking the other way in the name of "security"!!!! This is one step closer to martial law folks...if i appear to give probable cause to warrent search...yes by all means i am subject to a search ( ie acting wierd, gun like bulges in clothing, nervious or jittery, ect ect) NOT because i PAID to go WATCH my favorite football game with thousands of similar thinking folks!!!! you cannot excuse away your rights in the name of "security" and desensitise you or your children to the concept of GOVERMENT CONTROL!!!
im sorry, but i couldnt disagree with you more, now im not an american, im canadian, but it has been standard procedure in both the hockey arena and the football stadium for them to give people a patdown or bag search at random for a while now, and im all for it, you say given probable cause, but as far as that goes, well, not everyone who is looking to cause trouble acts wierd, nervous or jittery, and for the "gun bulges" well, again, i live in canada, and its illegal to own a gun with a barrel less than 4.2 inches long, i have a gun with a 4.2 inch barrel, and i could very easily wear it in many locations that would not show any bulges, and dow there, you can own some pretty small guns that are designed to be carried and not noticed, knives are a bigger problem as they can be hidden with even more ease, and can wreck someones day just as easily as a gun, and as far as the "what if i have a concealed carry permit" well, again, i dont know the legality on those things, as they dont exist up here(wish they did tho) but i would assume that a place of buisness would have the right to refuse entry even if you have a permit, atleast i think they should have that right, its all fine and good to carry if your out in public, but in places where tempers or emotions can frequently run high, they should have the right to say no you cant have that here, whats to stop joe q guncarry from having a few beers at the game, deciding he doesnt like the refs call, and blasting off a few rounds, may sound a little extreme, but people get into fights all the time at sporting events, look at the riots at soccer games, go to a hockey game when rivals are playing, and sit in one teams section wearing the other teams jersey, ive seen some grade a beatdowns cuz of little stuff like that and i think they have the right to say, not here at our event, and i think comparing it to martial law just shows that you dont know what martial law means, same with the gibson guy saying gestapo style raids on his guitar factory, if they were gestapo style raids, he wouldnt be alive to tell the media about, nor would there be a free media to tell about it, just my 2 cents anyway

With respect Chris I think you may be confused about what rights your constitution gives you. In addition, it seems to me you are all for individual freedoms as long as you like those freedoms. Let me explain: Should I not have the freedom to deny anyone entry into my home or my business that I choose for any reason I choose, including carrying a weapon? It is MY home, and MY business...even the police can't enter if I deny them access without a warrant. A football stadium is no different other than it is bigger. It is a private building that the owner allows you to enter on HIS terms, not yours! Nothing in the Bill of Rights says any different. I understand your frustration and your concerns that we are on a slippery slope, but that doesn't make you right!

There are several stadiums that were built using public funding. (Denver donkeys as one example) That means tax payer money. That means it's not a wholly private institute.

im sorry, but i couldnt disagree with you more, now im not an american, im canadian, but it has been standard procedure in both the hockey arena and the football stadium for them to give people a patdown or bag search at random for a while now, and im all for it, you say given probable cause, but as far as that goes, well, not everyone who is looking to cause trouble acts wierd, nervous or jittery, and for the "gun bulges" well, again, i live in canada, and its illegal to own a gun with a barrel less than 4.2 inches long, i have a gun with a 4.2 inch barrel, and i could very easily wear it in many locations that would not show any bulges, and dow there, you can own some pretty small guns that are designed to be carried and not noticed, knives are a bigger problem as they can be hidden with even more ease, and can wreck someones day just as easily as a gun, and as far as the "what if i have a concealed carry permit" well, again, i dont know the legality on those things, as they dont exist up here(wish they did tho) but i would assume that a place of buisness would have the right to refuse entry even if you have a permit, atleast i think they should have that right, its all fine and good to carry if your out in public, but in places where tempers or emotions can frequently run high, they should have the right to say no you cant have that here, whats to stop joe q guncarry from having a few beers at the game, deciding he doesnt like the refs call, and blasting off a few rounds, may sound a little extreme, but people get into fights all the time at sporting events, look at the riots at soccer games, go to a hockey game when rivals are playing, and sit in one teams section wearing the other teams jersey, ive seen some grade a beatdowns cuz of little stuff like that and i think they have the right to say, not here at our event, and i think comparing it to martial law just shows that you dont know what martial law means, same with the gibson guy saying gestapo style raids on his guitar factory, if they were gestapo style raids, he wouldnt be alive to tell the media about, nor would there be a free media to tell about it, just my 2 cents anyway

I'm not familiar so forgive me. Does our northern brothers have a similar bill of rights that promises the right to be secure in ones person am property and secure from unlawful search and seizure? Serious question I have never looked. :)

I for one can't understand why people get mad at sporting events. The players maybe if they perform badly. But to get angry and violent because your team lost is beyond me.

There are several stadiums that were built using public funding. (Denver donkeys as one example) That means tax payer money. That means it's not a wholly private institute.

I believe only four of the stadiums are privately owned, the rest are publicly owned and leased.

Stirring dicussion was what i was hopeing for. Its about choice and lack of right to choose. we are kept in a state of fear... By goverment.. Media... Corporations... For a purpose. As i pointed out to friends just like the concept of those takeing advantage and crying discrimination and demanding favortism based on what happened hundreds of years ago... We tend to look at folks who use those circumstances as manipulators to thier own gain do we not? So as in this ... Isnt the concept of constant refrence and infrence to the fear and " what if's" of terrorisim.... Actually promoting and dare i say ...an act of terrorisim unto itself????

I carry my weapon most places I go that are within the law, if some one has a problem with that, I will address it at that time with a law enforcement officer present.

These are the places prohibited by law to carry a weapon in the state of Georgia.

a. In a government building.
A. The building in which a government entity is housed
B. The building where a government entity meets in its official capacity; provided, however, that if such building is not a publicly owned building, such building shall be considered a government building for the purposes of this Code section only during the time such government entity is meeting at such building; or
C. The portion of any building that is not a publicly owned building that is occupied by a government entity.
b. In a courthouse
c. In a jail or prison
d. In a place of worship
e. In a state mental health facility as defined in Code Section 37-1-1 which admits individuals on an involuntary basis for treatment of mental illness, developmental disability, or addictive disease
f. In a bar unless the owner permits carry
g. On the premesis of a nuclear power facility
h. Within 150 feet of a polling location

So, if you see me in public and I am not in one of the places listed above, I will have my Kahr 9mm on me.

I carry my weapon most places I go that are within the law, if some one has a problem with that, I will address it at that time with a law enforcement officer present.

These are the places prohibited by law to carry a weapon in the state of Georgia.

a. In a government building.
A. The building in which a government entity is housed
B. The building where a government entity meets in its official capacity; provided, however, that if such building is not a publicly owned building, such building shall be considered a government building for the purposes of this Code section only during the time such government entity is meeting at such building; or
C. The portion of any building that is not a publicly owned building that is occupied by a government entity.
b. In a courthouse
c. In a jail or prison
d. In a place of worship
e. In a state mental health facility as defined in Code Section 37-1-1 which admits individuals on an involuntary basis for treatment of mental illness, developmental disability, or addictive disease
f. In a bar unless the owner permits carry
g. On the premesis of a nuclear power facility
h. Within 150 feet of a polling location

So, if you see me in public and I am not in one of the places listed above, I will have my Kahr 9mm on me.

I am unsure what the point of this post was Sous. Other than how hysterically funny it is that you can't carry your gun in a place of worship (wanna explain THAT one anybody?), it appears to be of no value whatsoever and contributes nothing to the debate.

My point was that I will have my gun with me as it is my right and I am licensed to. That is my point, simple and to the point.

Stirring dicussion was what i was hopeing for. Its about choice and lack of right to choose. we are kept in a state of fear... By goverment.. Media... Corporations... For a purpose.
I think that's true Chris, no question. I believe a lot of this gun debate (and that's what this is) comes down to trust. The fact is when I look around my "peers" in WalMart I shudder to think that they will be driving cars in the opposite direction to me when I am on my busa, let alone that they can vote and carry a gun. I think I have proven my manhood in every arena it can be proved in, and in my life I have conquered pretty much all my fears, but the knowledge that any one of those snot-gobbling, mouth-breathing window-lickers can walk into a gun store in my beloved state and walk out with a semi-automatic without any training whatsoever REALLY squeezes my adrenals!

but the knowledge that any one of those snot-gobbling, mouth-breathing window-lickers can walk into a gun store in my beloved state and walk out with a semi-automatic without any training whatsoever REALLY squeezes my adrenals!

:rofl: that is one of the funniest sentences I have read in a long time. That Pepsi will really clean the sinus cavities I tell you!

via Tapatalk

I believe only four of the stadiums are privately owned, the rest are publicly owned and leased.
If that is true Dan then the debate gets MUCH more complicated. I am not sure of the statutes and no doubt they vary with each city and state involved. We will see I guess.

Ah, I see...has anyone here said you shouldn't be able to do that? Or even implied it?

Perhaps I completely misunderstood the point of the discussion. If I have time later, I may go back and review the posts. I thought this was a discussion on the citizens of the U.S. being told they could not carry a weapon where they please even if they are licensed and it is their right.

You are permitted to carry a weapon at a venue that the President of the United States is speaking, but not to a sports match?

Later :beerchug:

You are permitted to carry a weapon at a venue that the President of the United States is speaking, but not to a sports match? Later :beerchug:

Assign 4 members of the secret service to me at all times and I will never again be concerned who can and cannot carry a gun any place they please.:beerchug:

Perhaps I completely misunderstood the point of the discussion. If I have time later, I may go back and review the posts. I thought this was a discussion on the citizens of the U.S. being told they could not carry a weapon where they please even if they are licensed and it is their right.

You are permitted to carry a weapon at a venue that the President of the United States is speaking, but not to a sports match?

Later :beerchug:

If the owners of that stadium say you can't then you can't.. Just like I have the right to tell you what you can and can not bring into my home...

Back