Nfl Fans/ National Anthem Fans....

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Colin Keapernick refuses to stand for the Star Spangled Banner.

I don't think this is the right forum to display your grumblings with the Gub'Ment.

I find it disrespectful and guess what...I'm Canadian.

Your thoughts...

Rubb.

He's made a poor choice to try and stay relevant. His ignorance has overshadowed his plight. There are always consequences. Good or bad. "Weak minded" would be my best description of his poor decision.

His right to do so is protected by the same flag that he disrespects. His choice, but he also has to accept the consequences of his actions...there are so many better ways he could have expressed himself.

Yeah I think I agree with Skydiver, although I'm thinking now I must be wrong if I agree with Skydiver?!?!?!?!?

I think the best reaction would have been for the press to just totally ignore him. BTW: Sky, the reaction to him voicing his opinion in a lawful way disrespects the flag people say he is disrespecting. One of those logical circles, hence just ignore it would have been the best reaction.

The whole BLM movement is BS. Deviants wanting crap for free. Think they are owed something by their oppressors....Problem is they aren't and haven't been oppressed for a long time...and they have never been .... I saw a funny the other day...it said

I never owned slaves and you never picked cotton...so get over yourself.

The whole BLM movement is BS. Deviants wanting crap for free. Think they are owed something by their oppressors....Problem is they aren't and haven't been oppressed for a long time...and they have never been .... I saw a funny the other day...it said

I never owned slaves and you never picked cotton...so get over yourself.
Lol! That's so funny! Your post proves black lives don't matter to you.

Disagreeing over tactics is NOT shaming Ol' Glory.

His personal disapproval for "curent" political/media hype society, is his business. I just don't see it that way.

Dont get me wrong dude has every right to do as he pleases (within the confines of the law), however his own public bigotry and hypocrisy make me question his true motives.

What I would really like to see is how he would react in a real world situation where HIS life were in the balance. Let's say... Fallujah 04. Talk is cheap and silver spoons ruin the tongue. He's proof to that.

Disagreeing over tactics is NOT shaming Ol' Glory.

I absolutely agree with this. He is free to demonstrate for his cause in the same way that we are free to disagree and even dispose his method- that is not disrespectful, provided that actions taken in response don't break the law or infringe on the rights of others.

People have the right to express themselves, they do not have the right not to be disagreed with, or not to be despised for thier views.

Its not that they don't matter to me. Its that the current individuals have NOT been oppressed but like to act like they have.

Fair enough, but I would ask how you know this as I assume you are not Black? Nothing like walking a mile in someone else's shoes to correct your perspective.......

I absolutely agree with this. He is free to demonstrate for his cause in the same way that we are free to disagree and even dispose his method- that is not disrespectful, provided that actions taken in response don't break the law or infringe on the rights of others.

People have the right to express themselves, they do not have the right not to be disagreed with, or not to be despised for thier views.

True.

He's also wearing socks with pigs in police hats on them. Phuckem!
The whole police thing is something that I can't really wrap my head around. Seems like nobody has any type of respect for cops. I come from a place were you don't play around with cops or you get shot. I think is comical seeing 10 cops on foot, a helicopter and 15 patrol vehicles chasing a person for blocks and blocks to arrest them. Where I grew up, that attitude gets you shot on the back before you can take the first 10 steps. You want to play mr. Tough guy and get loud and disrespectful, guess what.?........ You'll be most likely missing teeth by the time you make it to the police station.
I know there is good and bad cops, but trying to shoot back or retaliate is not fixing anything and will put you in jail or a coffin quick. IMHO people need to be a little smarter at how they approach these things.

This douche has every right to protest what he believes, that flag stands for this right. I think he's wrong, fbi statistics prove this. I also think the 49ers and the nfl need to grow a spine and suspend him. Any other place of business will most likely do the same, it is a business after all. You don't have the right to protest on someone else's time.
He should start with Protesting the actions of people in Chicago who shoot more people in a weekend than the police do in a year.
There are millions of interactions between police and the public throughout a year and the total that result in violence of any kind is extremely small. Get educated and look at the statistics.

In re: "Where I grew up, that attitude gets you shot on the back before you can take the first 10 steps. You want to play mr. Tough guy and get loud and disrespectful, guess what.?........ You'll be most likely missing teeth by the time you make it to the police station."

Simply resisting arrest does not warrant shooting anyone nor should it merit a "missing teeth" beat down. Cops should meet force with enough force to overcome what's coming at them, no more. (They) shouldn't be the aggressors and they should not be escalating the situation.

I'm an old, white, Navy vet, and I have nothing to fear from the police.

But if you don't think that every young black guy in this country doesn't have a legit reason to fear the police, then you haven't been paying attention. Pretending that there is no race problem in this country doesn't change the fact that there still is.

I don't think this particular guy is necessarily the best or the smartest person to start that conversation, but he has every right to try.

By even discussing this we are emboldening this punk and his ilk. Agree that he has every right to speak his mind, just like the KKK is rightfully allowed to spew their bile. Doesn't make either of them right. I likewise have the right to despise him, his team and his socks.

Back