Newest member of ~Club 186~

They worked for me....Bronc...at night?
wow.gif
43rd Ave SW, starting at the Indian River line, headed north. It was a special night..........No crossroads or driveways, just a small risk of varmints.

I've been kicking around redoing it, minus the flapping camera strap & key tag. Tried again a couple weeks ago, but that's another story. Topped out alright, but didn't get it on tape. Didn't realize Crown Vics could go so fast. Must have something to do with the LE package.

Another joins the club! Congrats and Welcome
smile.gif

If you're up for the ride, you can come to Lake Worth (Tpike north to Lake Worth Rd... bout an hour ride... 15 min on the busa
smile.gif
), and meet up with me. I'll show you my "special" road, where you can top out as much as you want right in the middle of the day with zero traffic and zero intersections
cool.gif
. Theres a perfectly clean 5-6 mile straight, and another like 25 mile straight. The short stretch is the best IMO. Plenty of time to top out and hold it till you feel the helmet tearing into your skull, and a nicer road surface than the long one.
Seriously, starting next week, I'll be on vacation for a few weeks, so if you want, send me a msg and we'll work something out. (This applies to any Florida riders that are willing to ride to Lake Worth for Top Speed runs on a VERY safe road.)
uh.................hello...................
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115878838 -->

smile.gif

cool.gif

Date of Induction: May 11, 2005
Time: 2:40 AM
Indicated Speed: 186mph
Actual Speed: N/A (no GPS)
RPM Reached: 10,500
--------------------------------------
Yes Busas and Busettes, I have finally managed to top out my Hayabusa. Before the Busa, I had an F4. I topped that out and managed to keep my eyes slightly above the windscreen. That is not the case on the Busa. I had to get my entire helmet behind the windscreen because the wind kept forcing my head back. Because of that, I did have a slight fight trying to keep the bike in one lane since the screen is -light smoked- and I did it in the dead of the night (visiblity low). I plan on doing it again when I get a GPS system so that I can take a picture of the result, post it here, and frame it in my house. Until then, I'm satisfied being able to say "I topped out the world fastest production bike" and am still here to tell about it.

SO ... this leads me to ask, how many others are there in ~Club 186~?

PS
If that blissful experience came from the regulated version, I can only imagine what the '99-'00 Busas feel like.
super.gif

smileyexhibit.gif
Hate to bust your bubble, but 186mph on the speedo is 173.5mph.  Still very high speed and a nice run.  Stay safe and please do your testing in the day light hours.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115880245 -->

Date of Induction: May 11, 2005
Time: 2:40 AM
Indicated Speed: 186mph
Actual Speed: N/A (no GPS)
RPM Reached: 10,500
--------------------------------------
Yes Busas and Busettes, I have finally managed to top out my Hayabusa. Before the Busa, I had an F4. I topped that out and managed to keep my eyes slightly above the windscreen. That is not the case on the Busa. I had to get my entire helmet behind the windscreen because the wind kept forcing my head back. Because of that, I did have a slight fight trying to keep the bike in one lane since the screen is -light smoked- and I did it in the dead of the night (visiblity low). I plan on doing it again when I get a GPS system so that I can take a picture of the result, post it here, and frame it in my house. Until then, I'm satisfied being able to say "I topped out the world fastest production bike" and am still here to tell about it.

SO ... this leads me to ask, how many others are there in ~Club 186~?

PS
If that blissful experience came from the regulated version, I can only imagine what the '99-'00 Busas feel like.
super.gif

smileyexhibit.gif
Hate to bust your bubble, but 186mph on the speedo is 173.5mph.  Still very high speed and a nice run.  Stay safe and please do your testing in the day light hours.
Maybe, but the speedo gets stuck at that, so I think he was going by the RPMs (which to me came out to 182mph GPS)
But still.... that's were the limited busa's reach the theoretical "186" limit... at 10,500rpms

It's between Lake Worth and the lake
wink.gif

and it's pretty remote... practically no traffic... only farm workers... but when I was doing my runs I was there for over an hour and not a single car passed by!
How far are you from the lake? (east, west? north, south?)

oh, that's not too bad. If you want to come down I'll show you. It's on Southern, going westbound.
Let me know when you have some free time

Back