Limiter.... "TRUE" 186 ???

got-busa, not true, my 02 busa speedo wont go past 186, the tach will bounce, as we all know the speedo is in error, on my bike an indicated 186 is actually 177...

are different years different other than 99-00?

twisted,

What do you mean NOT TRUE?
rock.gif

The speedo stops at 185mph indicated and then the bike continues to accelerate until the tach tops out, unless you don't have a TRE. Then the 01-present Busa's stop pulling around 10,000-10,200 RPM indicated!

I have stopped debating about the speedo because once I am over 160mph, it doesn't really matter what the speedo indicates. You are either passing someone or running them down like a bat out of Hell and need to focus on the road ahead.

I don't care if it indicates 170 or 185 you are going to fast to worry at that point!
wink.gif

Josh
cool.gif

Does anyone have a link where I could purchase the TRE spoke of? I just purchased a very nice 02 and would like to have top end where it should be.
Also does it interfere with the yosh box that is currently on the bike?

-JH

Does anyone have a link where I could purchase the TRE spoke of? I just purchased a very nice 02 and would like to have top end where it should be.
Also does it interfere with the yosh box that is currently on the bike?

-JH
Have you hit the limit?
rock.gif
?? Reallly?
rock.gif
???How many times?
rock.gif

Yes it will mess with the map unless you get the one you can switch on and off

rock.gif

rock.gif

While I may be new to this forum I am not a newbie on a bike. And although it may not be often I have, with juice, pegged the 220 on my backup 99 as seen in the foreground. I also have issues with hippies, because they smell but mostly because they are always trying to tell others how they should live. If I want to go 200+ mph on my bikes I don’t want any hippy motorcycle engineer putting a limiter on my bike because they don’t think I or anyone else should go that fast.

<span style='color:red'>Johnny Cheese.....are you a hippy?</span>
(Joking, and thanks for the info)

No I am not but some people like to put TRE's on GSXR1000 and they will never get close to 186. What a waste of money.
Same with Busas they want it to say "yeah it is not limited" but never go faster than 160 on the speedo. gearing is better than a TRE. Plus having your bike make less HP from itsuxs aswell. geta switchable one so IF.....you hit the limiter switch it off

Also, couldnt I just take the computer out of my 99 and install it in the 02. I am sure I could find a 99 brain somewhere if it worked.

Just wondering, seems like a simple fix less they did other things.

Also, couldnt I just take the computer out of my 99 and install it in the 02. I am sure I could find a 99 brain somewhere if it worked.

Just wondering, seems like a simple fix less they did other things.
yep you could but you also have to change the wiring harness the stator and the flywheel. And then you go from a 32bit puter to a 16bit not a smart move.

But what is a TRE?
rock.gif

How's this?

I did a all gear run on the dyno and (embarrassing enough) I slammed into the rev limiter in 6th. The inertia the bike (02) had built up took the rear wheel speed well over 200 mph actual (not going to happen in real life on the street). The Speedo (when I looked down) took a Loooong time to come off of the peg while decelerating. Any one interested I'll shoot the dyno sheet and post it.

Back