Newest member of ~Club 186~

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Date of Induction: May 11, 2005
Time: 2:40 AM
Indicated Speed: 186mph
Actual Speed: N/A (no GPS)
RPM Reached: 10,500
--------------------------------------
Yes Busas and Busettes, I have finally managed to top out my Hayabusa. Before the Busa, I had an F4. I topped that out and managed to keep my eyes slightly above the windscreen. That is not the case on the Busa. I had to get my entire helmet behind the windscreen because the wind kept forcing my head back. Because of that, I did have a slight fight trying to keep the bike in one lane since the screen is -light smoked- and I did it in the dead of the night (visiblity low). I plan on doing it again when I get a GPS system so that I can take a picture of the result, post it here, and frame it in my house. Until then, I'm satisfied being able to say "I topped out the world fastest production bike" and am still here to tell about it.

SO ... this leads me to ask, how many others are there in ~Club 186~?

PS
If that blissful experience came from the regulated version, I can only imagine what the '99-'00 Busas feel like.
super.gif

smileyexhibit.gif

...congrats
beerchug.gif

Never gone that fast, but as painless4u said... try to repeat it during the day!! More safer
biggrin.gif

In South Florida, it would probably be more dangerous for me to do it in the daytime since there is so much traffic here. Especially now with Summer coming around, school will be out and tourism will be high, the roads are and will be too congested. I'll be lucky to see triple digits at any time during the day.

Now don't go thinking I got up out of my bed at that time just to do this. I work nights and did this on my way home. In all honesty from the time I got on the Turnpike to the time I got off, which is about 15 miles, I passed a maximum of 5 vehicles. Everytime I came up on another vehicle or curve I slowed down to about 90mph, passed it, and gave it another shot. I actually managed to max it out twice that trip. The first time was a bit hard, I mean c'mon, I'm trying to hit a land speed very few people ever reach ... on 2 wheels nonetheless. When I hit it, I held it for about 5 seconds and let off to pass a car. I guess my adrenaline level was so high, I had no problem at all getting it up there again when I cleared the car. I could only imagine the look on his face as I sped away from him as if he was sitting still but was actually doing about 80mph  
eek2.gif

If he had a passenger:
eek2.gif
eek2.gif

Man, what a rush!

smileyexhibit.gif

eek2.gif

eek2.gif

Congrats from one that will never be a member of THAT club...kudos to you for doing it though...that had to be a rush...
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

I've played around at night but never tried to top it out.
Too much can go wrong. Maybe a deer or animal run out in front of you, can't see gravel or such on the road, can't see the cops sitting and waiting on ya.
Too much can go wrong.

Gonna need a lot more than a tre to hit 200. Did you hit the rev limiter or go by the gauges?

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115863314 -->

At night at least you can see the tail lights of cars in front of you. In the daytime it's harder to see the cars...especially when you are travelling that fast...you can approach a vehicle very very quickly.

I always worry about animals running in front of me (I live in the sticks) just drive safe and make sure there's no one around.

Another joins the club! Congrats and Welcome
smile.gif

If you're up for the ride, you can come to Lake Worth (Tpike north to Lake Worth Rd... bout an hour ride... 15 min on the busa
smile.gif
), and I'll show you some nice roads.

<!--EDIT|Busaman86
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115880389 -->

smile.gif

What's wrong with topping out at night? I got a vid on here showing just that with mine. Just got to pick the right time and place. It's always an assumed risk, day or night. Atleast he did it on the turnpike, I was on a secondary road around the corner from my cave.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Nite-Run-II

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115873410 -->

Back