Removing 186 restrictor?

If he reflashes teh ecm no tre should be used huh?
rock.gif

If he reflashes teh ecm no tre should be used huh?
rock.gif
No. You still would need a TRE. Reflashing only extends your rev limits but it doesn't remove the 186 restricition.
That sucks then why reflash it?  Rev limits keep the engine in one piece huh
many reasons for one a cushion if you are spraying another would be if your power curve is flat from 10.0-10.6 getting another 600 rpms would let you shift and stay constant

Maybe a stupid question?
I drag race cars pretty heavy so I am equating this to them. If running a Turbo, top gear restriction shouldnt be an issue? It would seem that the top end restriction (takes awat timing) would be a benifit for the turbo to make more boost?? This is just a question, On my nitrous cars, by high gear I have taken out a total of about 25-35 degrees timing with my digital timing computers...Any thoughts or answers for this?

ERIC

again the name fools you, instaed of calling it "my bike thinks it is in 5th gear all the time" the called it a Timing retard eleminator because under 4K it would advance not eleminate timing, but on alll Suzuki ram air bikes 5th and 6th run 5% more fuel to compensate for ram air so if the bike had a lean surge it went away and thought that timing fixed it, but on some bikes it made it worse because they were to rich already. as for the limiter in 6th the computer shuts down fuel and spark a 10.2K instead of 10.6K (thus the 300KPH limiter works) funny thing is that I see people buying them dor 1000's and even with stock gearing the bike won't even get close to 300 or 186MPH
laugh.gif

Back