kinda scared- ecu editor

busabeast

likes to pass cars
Registered
ok- so i built an interface, downloaded all the programs, and now i'm not so sure...
i love my beast and would really hate myself if i broke her.. so just what level of risk am i taking? i mean- i dont plan on extreme tweaks (yet) just wanna map all timing to 5th gear, remove speed restrictor, and have the ability to do more, but what if... you know? help me out guys (and gals)... should i, shouldn't i... :banghead:

so i decided to try it.. am getting an error:
Error No 15024: Boot failed
did some searches...tried diff baud rates, watched videos over and over- am i just that slow? bike still runs, so i think i'm gonna leave well enough alone. oh yeah- also checked the com port settings and all the other stuff i saw in my searching... what the heck!! am lost- might ask smithabusa but i know hes a busy man...

Leave it stock. If you modify it, then mess with ECU Editor. Too many people playing around with things they don't understand can mean a messed up bike. To kind of get what I'm talking about is all the posts asking for help because a bike doesn't run right or the electrical is messed up. Come to find out later on in the thread, the guy has cut and spliced wires, added a TRE, and done who knows what and wonders why it is messed up. Sometimes leaving it stock prevents a LOT of problems, well on Gen II bikes that is....

Just go buy the propper harness. Def worth the money and smith tests every one and will guarantee his work.... Has treated many of us very well.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1 on proper harness / interface from Smith. Top shelf Gent. Quality, workmanship and support in his products cannot be matched.

me two and so far I have installed the air shifter and nos harnes,s all plug and play. I even was showing my tuner how to use it on the dyno and he was shocked how easy it works.

Yep, just like he said... Couple clicks of the mous and it is done. Then you block the vacuum line off going to the airbox as well.

Eazy-Peazy! :thumbsup:

Very awesome! i have his auto-shifter as well. It is by far the coolest thing he makes. plug-n-play, simple setup and it works every time.

update- i think i may have the txd1 and rxd1 terminals in the wrong place...
after looking over the schematic and compareing with the written info i have found a confusing point: the schematic lists the txd1 as pin 29, but the interface write up says that pin 29 should be connected to the rxd1 (recieve) for th ttl-rs232 converter... the schematic shows the txd1 on the converter... so i think i have them backwards! this would explain why the ecu is going into programming mode (no fuel pump) but is unable to communicate with the pc... i will try try-again when i get home and let everyone know.
:beerchug:

that did it! super sweet!!:thumbsup::cheerleader:

now to figure out how to set my power commander map into ecu editor format...

What PC is it? The PC5 is the only one that is compatible. Maybe Greg will way in but I think Petrik has the import function set up to fatten up any imported file. That means even if you have a dyno tuned PC5 or Bazzaz MAP, if you import it to ECU Editor if will not be the same MAP.

damn- so now i gotta go and spend money i aint got for somethin i already have?? bummer!
:cry:

SInce yours is a Gen I it might work. Here is how you import the MAP.

First save the MAP to a file on your computer that you can find
Open up ECU Editor
Click on File up at the top.
Go down to Open and that should bring up your desktop or documents
Select the MAP file that you saved on your computer
Now it will either open it or not. The MAP file should be a .bin file
From there you select your timing group 3 and any other rev limiter or speed settings and then

Flash ECU

Back