Newbie question...

Bottom line......Busa's are asphalt magnets.  Just my opinion.
I apreciate the quick reply's guys,but when you say asphalt magnets,are you talking about just 'tipping' over cause of a crappy kickstand,because I cant see sliders saving anything on a 50+ mile per hr dump...
The kickstands are ok although there is a mod for them.  The sliders will save from a tip over or a moderate speed crash.  I'm not sure about +50 mph.....  On a tipover, you can easily spend +$500 in repairs....

Sliders are very worth it.  When mine fell over, my sliders were on order..... they came in like 2 days after I needed them!  DAyuuuum![/QUOTE]
+ 100... I had just ordered mine and before they came... over it went.

I think most will agree that the no drill slider will work fine for a tip over or a very easy down but will not hold up in a crash. Plastic's will probly go in a crash but you can probly save you frame and case with the heavy duty drill type. My new busa has em my old on didnt ...
sad.gif

wreck_day_013.jpg

I think most will agree that the no drill slider will work fine for a tip over or a very easy down but will not hold up in a crash. Plastic's will probly go in a crash but you can probly save you frame and case with the heavy duty drill type. My new busa has em my old on didnt ...
sad.gif
Kentochan what is that on the ground to the right of the bike?

Sliders will help you in a low speed tipover. Notice I said tipover. They usually break and your plastic gets wadded anyway. I have yet to see sliders 100% save plastic. If its scratched its ruined right.

Now here's the killer reason why I don't believe in sliders for streetbikes: A slider is mounted to the aluminum frame of a sportbike. In a wreck with sliders usually the slider peg takes the first and hardest impact. Why in the world would you divert the energy of a wreck directly to the most expensive and vunerable part on your bike. Side fairing $425.00 Frame $4,000.

Im not totally knockin' sliders. They made their way to streetbikes from the racing world. They seem to work well on the track, just not on the street. Another reason I don't like them is having to cut holes in the plastics. Just my .02

I don't have them cause when I did they never helped. I've been down once and they broke. Low speed 10-20 mph on my zx6r and they didn't save anything.
I also just had a side swipe (didn't go down) on the busa and if I had them they wouldn't have done anything either, might have made it worse and snagged the car and sent me down. SO I won't be putting them on, plus I don't want to drill holes in plastics unless it is for a turbo
tounge.gif

The sliders may not save EVERYTHING... but if you tip your bike over on the road at a light "stopped". You may not suffer any damage. I found having sliders on a bike saves most damage.. but doesn't help the tail. I rather the tail get scratched up than my tank
laugh.gif

Street N Track sliders are my call. If you go down on a BUSA while moving with or without sliders the bikes FUNKED.. But like I said a tip over is completely different.

OK....so where do you get the street and track sliders?

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134797646 -->

sad.gif
Kentochan what is that on the ground to the right of the bike?
Gunny, it's Part of the starter, I still say sliders woulda made a bid difference with my crash. Bike slid on the right side for all of that oil slick till the last 15 ft, caught a tire edge flipped over and came to rest on the left side. The tail damage was done by my bad attempt at a 1 oclock at 60 mph :[  ... I cried

Garry , here's the Busa.org profile for street N track guy
 send him a PM or email ...

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134540933 -->

I personally would not buy them in case of tip over. I would just plan on not dropping it.

In my opinion and experience. Frame sliders work best to reduce damage in a lowside. I lowsided my R1 at 100(ish) mph at the track. The sliders reduced damage to that side by a ton. Once it started flipping, the sliders no longer mattered, but in a mild low side they will save $$$$$$

So why would a $30,000 harley not have them, but many sportbikes as cheap as $2500 have them? Sportbikes and busas are not for cruising. Once you start hitting the curves, a crash is inevitable. Might as well save what money you can. If you dont plan on hitting the twisties, screw it. No reason in cutting holes in your plastic if ya dont need to.

100_3409__Small_.JPG

I think the only reason I would add them to my bike is if I put the "long" sliders on and use them for tie down points. I came from Harleys too and have put 10000 miles on my busa since
April and haven't needed sliders yet.

Back