Lloyd

Registered
Hello all. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself..

Just bough ta 2000 Busa with 4600 miles on it from a good friend, who needed the money and having some other problems..Yoshi Tri-oval,raised bars,new tires,etc

I am a Admin over on the ZRXOA board...

Do you guys have some good base setting for the suspension on the Busa, front and rear? I am 180 lbs..

Thanks in advance..

Welcome aboard & congrats on your new ride.
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the board.
I have no idea about suspension settings, someone will jump on that knows what they are talking about.

Congrats and welcome.

Look up the stock settings from the manual, and reset it to that. The factory settings are OK for me, but I am a little heavier than you. I don't know if there is a difference betwen my 04 and your 00. But at that age, probably a good time for fork oil and a brake fluid change anyway.

I know, not much help
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board. I couldn't bear the thought of giving up my 02 ZRX when I bought the Busa so they share space in my cycle shed. They get along just fine.
smile.gif

Blue and Silver...I dont even have it home yet but,I have paid for it..

Fluid changes are high on the list, I bought auto Speed Bleeders this weekend, plus Ihe gave me a set of Spiegler (SP?) lines for it...The bars have been moved 1 up and one back..He also gave me a set of Titanium bars for it..Buell Pegs will go on it also..It needs a new chain...

I still have my 03 ZRX...

<!--EDIT|Lloyd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109038949 -->

Fluid changes are high on the list, I bought auto Speed Bleeders this weekend, plus Ihe gave me a set of Spiegler (SP?) lines for it...The bars have been moved 1 up and one back..He also gave me a set of Titanium bars for it..Buell Pegs will go on it also..It needs a new chain...

The fastest color, good choice. Welcome to the board.

Sorry never messed with the settings.

STANDARD

(Solo Front)
Spring preload - 5
Damping force Rebound - 3
Damping force Compression - 9

(Solo Rear)
Damping force Rebound - 11
Damping force Compression - 8

STANDARD

(Two-up Front)
Spring preload - 5

(Two-up Rear)
Damping force Rebound - 11
Damping force Compression - 8

(Yep, no change Two-up or Solo)
(Rear Spring pre-load is adjusted by turns)

SOFT

(Solo Front)
Spring preload - 5
Damping force Rebound - 4
Damping force Compression - 11

(Solo Rear)
Damping force Rebound - 13

HARD

(Solo Front)
Spring preload - 6

(Solo Rear)
Damping force Rebound - 10
Damping force Compression - 7

Another Blusa! Wlecome and where's the PICS???

Welcome aboard. Where in IL are you at? There's a couple of Illinoisans on here and maybe we can all get together for a ride.

Back