New VS used fuel pumps

badassbusaboy

Registered
Just a little tale between fuel pumps. Mine started making noise and starving for fuel up top so I ordered a good used one from busa parts online. I got it put it in and nothing. Sent that one back and got a refund. Second one I ordered from cycletherapy got it put it in and took about four times to start. It ran fine and started fine when warm. The next morning it took four times to start, called company to see if I could take apart maybe clogged filter and they said of let us know. Well it must have been dropped or something because I found the problem. The plastic oulet from pump was broken right off and the metal outlet was bent down So I sent that one back. I got a brand new one today put it in and is perfect. The reason why I ordered so call good used ones was price. Used was $150.00 and new was between $437.00 and $700.00 at dealership. Oh my bike has a little over 22 thou on it.

I got a used full fuel pump assembly pulled out of a wrecked bike for $50 on eBay. Been running it at the track for 3 years no problems.

Back