2009 HAYABUSA FUEL INJECTORS WON'T FIRE

alandavid55

Registered
I have a 2009 Hayabusa it won't start , the last time it ran it was idling and it just died , It wouldn't start after that ? I replaced the camshaft sensor , the crankshaft sensor , new battery and new fuel filter ! The fuel is getting to the fuel rail but the injectors are not spraying ? so I just ordered a tip over sensor ? If I use a power probe and attach it the the injector it works , I change the ECM and it did nothing ! the fuel tank and filter is new ! CAN ANYONE HELP ???

Did you see the post by @Kiwi Rider

He's the man....
Bee?? :rolleyes:
Out of sheer humility I must confess, you’re right about some stuff, the other stuff like kiwi’s the man… dunno, sounds comical to me! I’m just a guy that’s picked up a little knowledge on automotive diagnostics along the way, nothing more.
But I sure hope he tests the wiring like I suggested.
1666689243815.jpeg

Bee?? :rolleyes:
Out of sheer humility I must confess, you’re right about some stuff, the other stuff like kiwi’s the man… dunno, sounds comical to me! I’m just a guy that’s picked up a little knowledge on automotive diagnostics along the way, nothing more.
But I sure hope he tests the wiring like I suggested.
View attachment 1656634
Good to be humble.....

I have a 2009 Hayabusa it won't start , the last time it ran it was idling and it just died , It wouldn't start after that ? I replaced the camshaft sensor , the crankshaft sensor , new battery and new fuel filter ! The fuel is getting to the fuel rail but the injectors are not spraying ? so I just ordered a tip over sensor ? If I use a power probe and attach it the the injector it works , I change the ECM and it did nothing ! the fuel tank and filter is new ! CAN ANYONE HELP ???
I had this same issue this weekend. I tried starting it and it wouldn't fire up. I was able to get it started after a few try and went on for a ride to get it washed. After washing it, I had the same issue starting it. Mine too is an 09. I'm not a mechanic but how long does the fuel injector last before you need to replace it? Can anyone tell me if I need to replace my injector? Thank you

I tried starting it and it wouldn't fire up. I was able to get it started after a few try and went on for a ride to get it washed. After washing it, I had the same issue starting it. Mine too is an 09. I'm not a mechanic but how long does the fuel injector last before you need to replace it?

The battery has to be in top shape for these bikes to start. Also you should have a multimeter and take measurements across the coils and compare to the service manual. I am unsure if there is a resistance spec for the injectors (check the service manual.) Have you tried fuel injector cleaner? How many miles are on it and have the valve clearances been checked as that can affect starting?

When it comes to hard starting issues, if you have little to no mechanical knowledge or experience, and lacking in tools etc, it’s going to be difficult to test all the items that need testing, and also testing in the correct order.
If this is the case, I suggest finding a good mechanic with a lot of bike diagnostic experience and just pay him to sort it out.
Trying to do things yourself with no clues is so frustrating and time consuming, and can be costly too.
Just my 2 cents FWIW.

Back