Aux Fuel - Teeing into return fuel line? Good pump?

jphilipson

Registered
So my Farkle list is complete except the biggest :) Got my full yoshi system, PC3, BMC, 1" bar risers, Corbin seat, SWMotech rack for my givi's and a MRA Vario Touring screen on the way from Greg. Last biggest farkles is my aux tank. Already have the tank, and it will mount onto rails for the SWMotech rear rack over the passenger seat. Normally I do a simple gravity fed system into a bulkhead fitting on the main tank. This time I want to do a pump driven system and tee into the return fuel line. I don't want to cut into the main tank this time, in case I sell the bike down the road. Simple pull out the tee and remove the plumbing and it's good as new.

Questions.. Will there be any problems teeing into the return fuel line to pump gas from the aux tank into the main tank? I assume it would be fine from my experience, but I'm not an expert with the Busa's fuel system yet.

Also, any suggestions for an affordable fuel pump that has good quality? This will be mounted under the hump/seat and be wired with a switch/relay. Switch it on and fuel will pump from the aux to the main.

Last edited:
:bump:

I don't have a clue but I do have a question. How do you control where the fuel goes when you T into the return line? Just curious to why the fuel would go into the gas tank over going back down the line the other way. Like I said though I don't have clue about this stuff and I'm just curious to how this all works. :thumbsup:

In most systems the return fuel line has a one way pressure regulator, so it cannot go the wrong way, so it will just return to the tank. I assume this is the way it is on the Busa, but just wanted to make sure.

heh, I'm having trouble making out the system in the PDF.. the images are not very clear in that copy. Will have to look at the fiche..

Back