Gen2 Aux fuel system - part one complete

Excellent. I did an aux gas tank on mine for the same thing but only got about 1450 in 22 hours. Is it just me or does it appear that you may live in Utah?

fook me your fuel is cheap that would have cost about 39.pounds to fill up here in england or about 64 dollars to you

fook me your fuel is cheap that would have cost about 39.pounds to fill up here in england or about 64 dollars to you

And we complain about the prices we have to pay now here :laugh:

Americans got spoiled by cheap gas for years, now we pay closer to what Europeans have been paying for years.

Just wanted to add - this modification can be completely removed in about 20 minutes, and back to stock - this in not permanent. It's just for the long rides/rallies.

Looks cool, but there is enough room in the fuel pump housing to weld a bung onto the bottom of the fuel pump, just an FYI!

Looks cool, but there is enough room in the fuel pump housing to weld a bung onto the bottom of the fuel pump, just an FYI!

Yeah, I explored that possibility as well. It looked pretty close, and I didn't want to screw up an expensive fuel pump. Also, I went with the location I did as it makes routing easier, as well as makes it easier to disconnect. Where it is, when the tank is down to the reserve light, I can prop it up and disconnect and no gas will come out.

Nice job you did. To not look like a tank, if you could some how get a duffle bag or sleeping bag to cover the tank no one would know.

Nice job you did. To not look like a tank, if you could some how get a duffle bag or sleeping bag to cover the tank no one would know.

Yeah, I was thinking of cutting a round bag with some pockets to fit over it. Add a little storage, and clean up the looks.

I did the bung on the fuel pump housing. Worked great. I figured it was much cheaper to mess up a fuel pump housing than a tank if I messed up.

I still think you should paint it orange to match the bike. You would have so many people asking if that was a factory option. :laugh:
Then maybe a little bit of padding for some backrest/lumber support?

I did the bung on the fuel pump housing. Worked great. I figured it was much cheaper to mess up a fuel pump housing than a tank if I messed up.

Yeah, makes sense - that's why I had a someone who knows how to weld good do it :laugh:

Do you have an aux tank on yours as well? Or is the bung for something else?

I still think you should paint it orange to match the bike. You would have so many people asking if that was a factory option. :laugh:
Then maybe a little bit of padding for some backrest/lumber support?

If it get's painted it'll be a rattle can job, so I don't think too many people will confuse it with a factory option :laugh:

And it's too far back for a backrest really- I'd have to take both hands off tha bars to reach.

Not even close mate!

No doubt - I didn't say as much, I said "closer". Back in the late 90's, early 00's I remember paying more like $1 per gallon. So gas getting up to $4.00/gallon here is a shocker. Of course across the pond it's more like $8-9 US dollars.

Just following up as I'm pretty much done with this project.

Here's the end result..

IMG_0560.JPG

I found a $10 duffel at walmart that fits the tank perfectly.

IMG_0568.JPG

Not gonna win any bike shows either way - but I think the cover cleans it up a bit, and gives me a few more pockets to stuff things in.

Back