New TTS Left side supercharger conversion for Gen 1, 2 and 3.

MCN had the bike yesterday at an 2.5 mile airstrip. They did top speed run after top speed run. I was sure they would break something, but the bike never faltered. Running just best pump gas. They have their own datalogging system. Its one that is used with motogp bikes, so top notch. I have the rev limit set at 11500rpm. It was hitting the rev limiter in top from standstill in 14 seconds at 195 mph in less than 1/2 mile. Disappointed that it wasn't geared as high as I thought. They did a best 1/4 in 9.4 seconds and a best speed of 164. Which was equal to mine at the drag strip. I hope their write up will be detailed enough for everyone. Bruce Dunn rode the bike is very experienced and road races regularly. He tried to get an H2r out of Kawasaki but they declined??? But he has ridden more than one of them and has all his data to compare. I left him with the bike to ride on the streets and he's delivering it back tomorrow.

One annoying thing that was happening every run was the quickshifter was slow to switch back on on the 4/5 and 5/6 gear shifts. As I only ran in 4th over the line at the strip I never thought it had a problem. Has anyone gone fast enough to encounter this glitch?

1668091584130.png

I just double checked and in fact i still had the 11200rpm limit on, damn it. So we would have gone 200 otherwise.

But what is the top speed limit of a stock geared gen3?
My piped, no mirrors gen2 with flashed ecu would do 197mph, gps'd in around a mile and a half.
It needed a -2 rear sprocket or 55 series rear tire, then it should have been capable of 202-203mph(in more distance with perfect conditions).
Isn't the gen3's gearing 18/43 like the gen2? Are their 6th gears the same ratio?
Does the gen3 come with a 55 series rear tire?
No doubt the hp to achieve the speed is there, and I know sprockets and tires are an easy swap, I just wonder what the possible top speed of a stock geared and tire size, unrestricted gen3 is.
The gen1 was 194mph, the gen2 197mph?
Can the gen3 do more?

But what is the top speed limit of a stock geared gen3?
My piped, no mirrors gen2 with flashed ecu would do 197mph, gps'd in around a mile and a half.
It needed a -2 rear sprocket or 55 series rear tire, then it should have been capable of 202-203mph(in more distance with perfect conditions).
Isn't the gen3's gearing 18/43 like the gen2? Are their 6th gears the same ratio?
Does the gen3 come with a 55 series rear tire?
No doubt the hp to achieve the speed is there, and I know sprockets and tires are an easy swap, I just wonder what the possible top speed of a stock geared and tire size, unrestricted gen3 is.
The gen1 was 194mph, the gen2 197mph?
Can the gen3 do more?
That was stock geared and tyred. Unlike your stock bike taking 1 1/2 miles to hit the limiter in top the SuperBusa hit it in less than 1/2 mile.

I dont think people would wanna modify their new TTS blower kit.= and start welding on it. i dont blame them.
If they want a boost controller they will lol. It would make it so nice, gear the bike like a all motor set up dump all boost out of 1st gear bring in power In 2nd and all in 3rd and have a 60" street monster that would be super easy to ride and manage power.

…. But i think that most people understand TOP SPEED better than they understand what is a fast speed for the 1/2 mile.
I have never met a regular guy who cares or knows what their vehicles top speed is. LSR people on the other hand only care about top speed. Many performance enthusiasts out there use a dragy and can easily compare times that Richard has posted.

Is the Superbusa the fastest Gen 3 in the world?

As for controlling boost, my understanding is you can buy different size pulleys to add more or less boost. Here is the exact kit Richard’s system is built from and they sell different pulleys.

Technical data including the compressor map is here.

Page 5 of the instruction sheet has a nice comparison chart of their different offerings.
DBE2A1DB-7302-4C15-92C4-48C8D5A72591.png

REALLY? i think anyone who spends big money on big power cares what top speed is. Isnt that the point of the big hp in the first place? THATS who buys these packages........... THATS why big HP is needed... to get past 200. im sure he knows now how to put an exclamation point on a build. i think itll happen. And a 225MPH hayabusa sure would make a GREAT headline for an article, to go along with the 370HP.
For the cost of this bike and the limited production numbers, it will most likely be used as an object for bragging at the local coffee shop....

I'd be really surprised to see one at a drag strip or involved in roll racing in Mexico.

@TucoSalimonca That’s fair, I’m certainly trying to go faster than 200 mph (on a track though). The TX mile doesn’t come to Colorado anymore so I’ll try to find a half mile event next year to go to.

I’d like a supercharger but being at elevation means you have to move a lot more air to make the same power as you do at sea level. For street application I think s/c would be ideal and I’ve seen several turbo bikes be left behind in roll racing. We have as much roll racing here as drag racing and I do ride on the street.

But I’ll probably go turbo because I would like to see over 400whp with the 7,000 ft DA up here on race gas. I’d hope on pump gas over 300 whp but I’m still trying to figure all of this out.

Some not exactly related videos but the H2 is supercharged and they are racing turbo bikes. Here are a few videos I like and wanted to share.

Before I bought a Gen 3 I was going to get an H2. This guy “Boosted H2” switched to a turbo busa btw; but when he raced one he got out on him until closer to their top speed. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t making more than 275 whp in this video and I’m very curious to see how a TTS kit on my bike with me riding it, would compare.

Later he made 339 whp and I thought that was impressive.

Either way I’m impressed with how the TTS kit performs and think it’s a better option for most people. I’m broken enough to want more power but the cost of all that extra power seems silly to me.

@TucoSalimonca That’s fair, I’m certainly trying to go faster than 200 mph (on a track though). The TX mile doesn’t come to Colorado anymore so I’ll try to find a half mile event next year to go to.

I’d like a supercharger but being at elevation means you have to move a lot more air to make the same power as you do at sea level. For street application I think s/c would be ideal and I’ve seen several turbo bikes be left behind in roll racing. We have as much roll racing here as drag racing and I do ride on the street.

But I’ll probably go turbo because I would like to see over 400whp with the 7,000 ft DA up here on race gas. I’d hope on pump gas over 300 whp but I’m still trying to figure all of this out.

Some not exactly related videos but the H2 is supercharged and they are racing turbo bikes. Here are a few videos I like and wanted to share.

Before I bought a Gen 3 I was going to get an H2. This guy “Boosted H2” switched to a turbo busa btw; but when he raced one he got out on him until closer to their top speed. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t making more than 275 whp in this video and I’m very curious to see how a TTS kit on my bike with me riding it, would compare.

Later he made 339 whp and I thought that was impressive.

Either way I’m impressed with how the TTS kit performs and think it’s a better option for most people. I’m broken enough to want more power but the cost of all that extra power seems silly to me.
Our own @JoeSTi has both an H2 and turbo Busa....his opinion of both would be helpful.

Laying into the throttle for a mile and a half on a motor with forced induction would generate some pretty crazy air intake temps. A 1.5 mile run would really test the setups cooling capability. The physical act of compressing air creates heat, (hence FORCED induction) the more pounds of boost ya create, the hotter the inatke air gets. When air intake temps gets too hot (espescially on pump gas), detonation may occur. This is the entire reason a method of intercooling is required. the bike is intercooled though with an air/air intercooler. You are absolutely correct though that a simple gearing swap would have enabled a higher top speed. Absolutely. 195 in the 1/2 mile is moving out pretty good though. But i think that most people understand TOP SPEED better than they understand what is a fast speed for the 1/2 mile.

The question was; what top speed is a stock geared and tired gen3 with an ecu flash(to turn off 186mph limit)capable off?
At some point, even with 1k hp, you cannot go any faster because of gearing.

Sure. But when it has the power to bounce the limiter in top gear it's still going to be restricted to the gearing. Taking off the speed limiter isn't gonna magically make it go faster then the gearing/rpm is able to go

Yes, yes...I get that.
I know the gearing is the limit, I said that above.
That's why ALL I was curious to know was how fast a stock geared and tired gen3 with the speed limiter off will go.
197mph? 198mph?

The more I’ve been thinking about this kit the more I’m thinking it’s going to be faster than a turbo bike that’s less than 400 whp. The turbos that RCC uses are out of date per my good friend who’s a car guy.

I emailed RCC and asked if I can get a kit with the Garrett G25-550 hp and he said this: “We could likely use that one, it would end up being a custom due to the differences in compressor and turbine housing of other models. I would also prefer to use the 4 bolt inlet housing vs the v-band”.

I’ve got a Gen 3 and at my drag strip, Bandimere raceway, they do roll racing and drag racing. Plus I’ll do some roll racing on the street. There are still a few things about the kit I’m not thrilled about but if it’s going to out perform a turbo then that’s what will get my money. I’m up in the air still I guess.

This is the turbo I want if I go turbski:

The more I’ve been thinking about this kit the more I’m thinking it’s going to be faster than a turbo bike that’s less than 400 whp. The turbos that RCC uses are out of date per my good friend who’s a car guy.

I emailed RCC and asked if I can get a kit with the Garrett G25-550 hp and he said this: “We could likely use that one, it would end up being a custom due to the differences in compressor and turbine housing of other models. I would also prefer to use the 4 bolt inlet housing vs the v-band”.

I’ve got a Gen 3 and at my drag strip, Bandimere raceway, they do roll racing and drag racing. Plus I’ll do some roll racing on the street. There are still a few things about the kit I’m not thrilled about but if it’s going to out perform a turbo then that’s what will get my money. I’m up in the air still I guess.

This is the turbo I want if I go turbski:
Hi. I bought my turbo from RCC through Powerhouse. It will be a custom kit by DME and DAS. The turbo is Garretts G42- 1200c as you can see I do not want to make 550 HP.

Back