New TTS Left side supercharger conversion for Gen 1, 2 and 3.

Those cf tanks have plastic fuel cells inside/underneath them, the fuel cell's exact shape and capacity varies by manufacturer.
The plastic fuel cell that fits under a 3.5ish gallon stock looking cf shell, is much less capacity as it is made as a simple rectangle, square, or an easily or inexpensive shape to mold.
As said, fuel capacity isn't an issue for the majority of the buyers(or any of them for that matter, lol).
If the plastic fuel cell was molded to the shape of the stock tank, retaining stock fuel capacity with a cf cover/shell over it, that would be great...but the cost of the mold for the fuel cell would destroy the profit margin.
If you've ever noticed the cost of high capacity/Endurance Racing dirtbike tanks, they run in the $700+ range.
That's a higher sales market than any gen cf, stock capacity fuel cells would be.
That $700 range would have to be added to the total cf tank cost, plus, that $700 would be much more, as they would sell far less.
Is it a good idea? Yes
Would people buy it? Yes
Could a business sell those at a profit? Not really, as there aren't enough deep pocket buyers to support it.
If there were, this board would be full of bikes with $2500 Yoshimura gas tanks.
As for an actual carbon fiber gas tank, without a bladder, that's a no also.
Will it work? Sure, with the right epoxy, and fuel, it will be fine.
Carbon fiber is similiar to working fiberglass, so someone skilled in this area could definately make a cf tank.
The problem is, society(like everything else, lol, really).
The first time epoxy fails in a 3 year old tank, or a new tank because it's had MR12 in it for 3 days, then someone will sue...and/or may be burnt or dead, along with buildings or vehicles.
I don't think any racing organization would allow them for safety reasons either, at least with current technology.

I never thought about what Six Pack said about fuel deteriorating the material. That’sa deal breaker in my mind.

If that happens the tank would then be a disposable part and you’d want to replace it before it fails. Like an aluminum engine rod.

Also Tuco if could be argued that you currently have one of the nicest street rigs out there right now!! It’s definitely one of my favorite.

That makes sense and especially if you run E85. Either way I’d think with as much power as your bike makes it’s probably thirsty.

Greg what area is he in? Do you think he’d ever go to an event like the Arkansas Mile?
Think he is down in the southeast area. NC or FL Can't remember. No, those guys go for roll racing. They did show up to some 1/4mile event and appeared to be doing well. Some of these bikes could do very well in other disciplines as well, but a lot of the riders are young. Very young. I'm gonna feel like grandpa out there with the youngins....Until I leave them for dead. lol

He would certainly whip my A$$ but I’d still be interested in racing him to see where I stack up. I’ve still got a long way to go and you have to start somewhere.

I love racing and have done far more losing than winning but I think that’s standard.

A car guy at my local racetrack called me out to race and I’ll never say no. He gave me the hit just to drive around me like I was standing still. We both had fun and you can bet I’ll be looking for him next year. :)

i appreciate the kind words.... and as far as the tank goes/ yes... it would have to be coated with Caswell ORRRR a different material altogether used in the guts. I just keep trying to improve it and stay current. At SOME point im gonna put a marine 70MM crank in it. Scotts says that they can custom make a 70...... Its funny.... i spend money before i even make it. ill have to work 1500 hours OT this year. AGAIN.
Hi. I have a Marine 2mm in mine as I will run in the 1000cc to 1350cc class I will be at 1340cc.

@TucoSalimonca very true! It’s definitely taking me a while to even get going. I need to plan how everything wil be laid out and determine what connectors I’m missing. The need to order harnessing supplies and most of these places are closed until January so that will add another week.

I like your advice to him when (I think) you said to just get it running. That’s why I decided to get a stand-alone now while waiting for the turbo plenum to be developed.

They definitely tend to snow ball in both time and money!!!

For me I like to race so a never ending build doesn’t interest me. I’d rather get some stuff done and go race. Then do another round of modifications and try again. I’ve already been doing that with this bike and want to keep that going.

Again why I decided to figure out the ecu while the bike is relatively stock vs trying to do a crap ton of stuff at once and not knowing which of those changes are actually making the bike faster.

and see man... this is my point. His build has been going on for over 5 years now. He isnt alone, did you notice that not many people chimed in to share their dyno sheet or time slip.. Many, many people that give advice are in the middle of unfinished builds themselves. Mikes build is the best of the best of everything..... his is a special case. BUT these projects tend to snowball. im sure even he didnt think it would take this long. ALSO... the more complicated the build, the more gremilins u are gonna end up chasing. there will be gremlins, espescially if u expect this bike to serve as a real streetbike. At least u have a fueltek guy to talk to now though, someone that actually has a running bike that threw some power.
Hi. You are so wright it has taken longer that I thought. Also more noney too. I would like a motor with magnesium cases block and head and covers with 6 studs for each cylinder and bigger bore spacings. I would like to try a 100 psi of boost and 18000 or more RPM's. With all aluminum parts made out of AM162. I Also as I have said I have the best people helping.

if u plan on building a motor anyway... u COULD run some nitrous through it while its stock (with just some valve springs i believe). IMHO... In a NITROUS application, the need to pull some timing at a certain point and maintain TIGHT control over the nitrous/and monitor stuff while spraying is where a standalone would be extremely useful. You could make some really nice power and for relatively cheap.... PROVIDED u get it wired up and functioning and understand what you are looking at. A nitrous kit would be cheap. I remember a member here saying that he made over 1500 hits on spray down a dragstrip........ he has it figured out. Think it was dennis.
Hahaha how much time do you think I have to work on this thing? :laugh:

They call that scope creep in the Project Management world. My plate is more than full right now with everything and I don’t have the bandwidth for anything else.

@michael parris heuberger what’s the fastest you went before this bike?
Hi. In the F5000 Lola 234 on the back stright at Daytona, in an alcohol Funny car 221 at 6.07 sec. On my ZX11 with a 1300 Super Bike Mike kit that made about 240 HP with a 50 HP shot of nitrous an unofficial 208 done by RPM, final gear ratio and tire diameter. The F5000 Lola was in 1973, the FC wae in 1988 and the bike was in 1999.

also gotta factor in the year its gonna take to get comfy and ride the thing 270-300MPH and get it lined out., Warner didnt need 1000HP to go 311. I really think assembling alll these parts and getting them working together is gonna take 5 times as long as u are estimating though...... the bodywork allowing 300MPH speeds will be the hardest part i believe/ its an incredible build list... plenty for 300MPH and to break records when it gets lined out, and as long as you hang it wide open for long enough. Its gonna be intense going over 250mph..... for sure.
Hi. The bike will be set up like an XDA / street bike. So aero will be the limiting factor. As for traction a Michelin 200/55/17 Power Cup 2 raised the swing arm pivot up 12 mm's with a 6 to 12 inch over arm. I am not sure I think R Willaford ran 236 in the 1/4.

I had scope creep so bad on a truck build once, eventually took all the good stuff off and junked it lol

My turbo build has been 4-5yrs of parts gathering but never succumbed to scope creep bcuz I had other bikes to race-it was just a victim of dust creep haha

I don’t think anyone has a gen 3 done, just the plenum is available

9BC41EB4-8650-4010-A483-D0812B96EDFE.jpeg

I would love to buy a supercharger kit from here if there were real world numbers on it. I have yet to see one on a bike that is setup. I would need numbers and videos from people who have one before I purchased one. I think this is a lot of the reason they arent selling in numbers. No one knows what they are capable of. Until there is a video of one of these kits on a real bike running real numbers, these are always going to be too rare to really do anything. I'm not crapping on them in any way as I would like one. But without showing what this thing is capable of, not many are going to buy one just to test it. Get some kits in the hands of real racers and people who are set up to go fast and they could sell like hotcakes if they deliver. Imagine selling as many or more of these instead of turbos for turbo bikes. Prove the kit works and the numbers will dramatically increase. IMHO

Back