New to me le

Cipher Complete

Registered
I have been lurking for a while, and have long been in love with the Busa. I was actually looking for a bike, and a stupid deal fell in my lap. I work in a dealership, and one of our loyal customers bought one in July, along with a K1200S. Turns out he never rides the Busa, so I am scooping it up at a ridiculous price. The bike has 611 miles on it.

Now is where I need some help. Unfortunately, I am not made of money, and the bike has ridiculous power anyway. My question is, should my initial step be exhaust and a PCIII, or braided brake lines, rotors, frame sliders, spools, etc.

I have ridden busas before just never owned one. (I have been riding for 5 years, and have ridden everything from KLRs to K1200LTs.) Or should I just ride the damn thing in it's stock form, and mess with it as I go??

I'd say safety first.. power later. Get to know her better before you buy the bling..
laugh.gif

Welcome! Around here, we like pics! Frame sliders are a good idea as well as gear! You might want to ride her around stock for awhile so that you get a better feel for what you want to accomplish with your mods....

you will get a lot of different answers to that topic.
laugh.gif

post a pic or three and ride it.

the mods will come to you.

Helmet leathers and helmet speakers. and all the other little things spools sliders ect. I had the bike a year before I power commander came to my head. Before that I was just enjoying the ride. Now I want to enjoy the ride with a little more herumph....

Anyone see any pics yet? or is my internet screwed up once again? Seems like every other time a new member joins my connections freezes.
wink.gif

Congrats and Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif
just ride it a while, then decide what you want to do if anything
wink.gif

I have been lurking for a while, and have long been in love with the Busa. I was actually looking for a bike, and a stupid deal fell in my lap. I work in a dealership, and one of our loyal customers bought one in July, along with a K1200S. Turns out he never rides the Busa, so I am scooping it up at a ridiculous price. The bike has 611 miles on it.

Now is where I need some help. Unfortunately, I am not made of money, and the bike has ridiculous power anyway. My question is, should my initial step be exhaust and a PCIII, or braided brake lines, rotors, frame sliders, spools, etc.

I have ridden busas before just never owned one. (I have been riding for 5 years, and have ridden everything from KLRs to K1200LTs.) Or should I just ride the damn thing in it's stock form, and mess with it as I go??
First step should be ride. Then... remove reflectors, post pics, post pics, maybe cut off the shovel in the rear or get an undertail, post pics, ride some, post pics, and ride more.... and then maybe get some other crap. Just my 2 pennies...

The basic things are to remove the reflectors and trim down the rear shovel fender by cutting it or just getting a new undertail. After that, the busa will look like "it should look"...

If you're not made of money, an exhaust system is out of the question anyway! That ain't cheap!

Welcome and have fun!

Congrats and get used to the power and size before trying to make more power,this one will show you quick who's boss.:;):

Welcome and congrats! I'm still riding mine bone stock and loving every minute of it. Spend the money on some good gear, and after you learn the bike, then decide on mods.

Back