New to Hayabusa, looking at 2015

I am new to superbikes. I’m going to go see tomorrow if the are open. So I don’t know much about it. Does the single exhaust affect anything? Not sure about “hump” where rear seat is. I’ll find out. Would the single exhaust be a deal breaker?
"Single exhaust" means all 4 header pipes collect into 1 and are then routed up the right side,99% of the time. Referred to as,you guessed it,a 4-1 or four into one.It is not a deal breaker,it is a huge bonus.:thumbsup:
The hump is a piece that attaches in place of your passenger seat.It was designed that way to improve speed by "Closing the envolope" as they say. Air rushes over the rider and gets split by the hump instead of hitting a flat surface(like the rear seat)
Buying from a Harley dealer is pointless if you ask me. Chances are they wont have a tech who knows shi7 about Busa's so any warantee offered will be useless. A Busa is nothing like HD in any shape or form.Buy used,privately save a ton of dough. Besides,you have us to fix it if needed.
Keep posting all your questions...we have guys on here who have been with Busa's for 20+ years. We have not been stumped yet.
Pics below:
Stock exhaust vs 4-1
Hump/no hump
Rubb.
How much is a full system these days ?
HUGE difference in prices.
Rubb.
4-1 w/hump

4-1 no hump

stock exhaust

different 4-1

Going from riding HDs for those many years to a Hayabusa is a big jump in performance-the Hayabusa is a good choice as it is a very stable and forgiving platform.

Like as already said, a 4-2-1 pipe like the Yoshimura on that bike saves weight and adds hp, without knowing more it could have other performance adders.

In my opinion...it is basically a new bike with that few miles...there is very little difference between that and new except it has a few good mods...nothing has changed between that and a 2020 except the color.

If you are really wanting to get a Hayabusa, a very good example of one is at your fingertips. If you can negotiate a better price-go for it.

My local Harley Davidson dealer has a 2015 Hayabusa with less than a 1000 miles on it. Bike looks stock with exception of yoshi pipe. They are asking 11,200$ for it. I haven’t seen it in person, only pics on website. Looks perfect. Concern of course is such low mileage on 5 year old bike. Weird to say, I know. Guess I will know more when I go it. I’ve only ridden Harley’s for last 10 years and want to ride a “sportbike” before I get too old! Good choice? And how does price seem?
Thanks all.
These two new ones are in NC
1593861529164.png

BTW Noles:welcome: to the family friendly insanity that is Hayabusa.Org.
Friendly advice: When going to look at any prospective purchase consider taking one of us along for the ride. I have no doubt as to your skillz in bike purchasing, but you could have one of us "know-it-all" Busa-Bastids in tow to ask questions you may not think of,decipher the answers into words you can understand etc. You know Harleys right? Well we know Busa's.
Cool scenario: You find a Busa you'd like to check out. You roll up on the bike and its owner. You have maybe 5 or 6 guys on stretched out,custom,Turbo'd Busa's. The owner may then decide you may not want to be the guy he attempts to bullshi7. OK,maybe not 5 or 6...1 or 2 would work as well. Just saying...it's not like the fella's would be there to intimidate or anything....

If I was close to you I'd make the offer in a second. There are a ton of way cool dudes on this site who I'm sure would offer to help in anyway.
We have engineer'd purchases of bikes sight un-seen by a member buying from across the country or across the world. EX: Member PacificBusa bought his bike without even being there and had it shipped to his place in Guam. Cool right. Anyway,just an' idea.
I'd roll up with you on mine...

But it's junk compared to what some of these boyz are sporting.

The Hayabusa platform is renowned for its versatility. On this forum alone you will find those who dedicate the bike to:
  • sport
  • street
  • touring
  • drag strip
  • canyons
  • commuter
  • even cruising
...and combos of the above.

Simple changes such as
  • bars
  • sprockets
  • tires
  • exhaust
can alter the characteristics of the bike dramatically.

Personalizing the bike is the point, Obtainable, especially if you do your own work but even if you don't.
How much wrenching you do yourself will also affect what that 'fair price' is and therefore what price you're willing to pay. Turn-key bikes cost more for that reason. Beater bikes will always be cheaper.

And if you do like to turn the occasional wrench, you have indeed found the right forum for learning & research & practical applications.

The above is fact. My opinion follows:
  • The Hayabusa becomes a motorcycle love affair:
  • You'll pay whatever cuz you gotta have it
  • You'll do whatever cuz you want it a certain way
  • You'll change your mind and start all over again.
  • Any 'significant other' in your life will either become more or less significant once the Hayabusa enters the equation.

Good Luck!

Thank you all. Good to know there are so many good and knowledgeable people here on the forum. I have a really good Suzuki dealership in Little Rock, so I’m going to take the bike to them to check over on Tuesday if HD dealership let’s me. I found new/old stock 2018 Busas for under 10,000$, so I will use that to negotiate a better deal and if they won’t, guess it’ll be a 2018. There aren’t any Busas for sale in Arkansas that I can find except the one at a Harley. So if I want a new one, I have to go to Dallas.
Thank you.
Noles!!

Thank you all. Good to know there are so many good and knowledgeable people here on the forum. I have a really good Suzuki dealership in Little Rock, so I’m going to take the bike to them to check over on Tuesday if HD dealership let’s me. I found new/old stock 2018 Busas for under 10,000$, so I will use that to negotiate a better deal and if they won’t, guess it’ll be a 2018. There aren’t any Busas for sale in Arkansas that I can find except the one at a Harley. So if I want a new one, I have to go to Dallas.
Thank you.
Noles!!
With only 1000 miles on that bike, I'm confident it will be GTG..you are correct in using the newer bikes with lower prices to negotiate a better price..

The HD dealership will probably be glad to get rid of it.

The Hayabusa platform is renowned for its versatility. On this forum alone you will find those who dedicate the bike to:
  • sport
  • street
  • touring
  • drag strip
  • canyons
  • commuter
  • even cruising
...and combos of the above.

Simple changes such as
  • bars
  • sprockets
  • tires
  • exhaust
can alter the characteristics of the bike dramatically.

Personalizing the bike is the point, Obtainable, especially if you do your own work but even if you don't.
How much wrenching you do yourself will also affect what that 'fair price' is and therefore what price you're willing to pay. Turn-key bikes cost more for that reason. Beater bikes will always be cheaper.

And if you do like to turn the occasional wrench, you have indeed found the right forum for learning & research & practical applications.

The above is fact. My opinion follows:
  • The Hayabusa becomes a motorcycle love affair:
  • You'll pay whatever cuz you gotta have it
  • You'll do whatever cuz you want it a certain way
  • You'll change your mind and start all over again.
  • Any 'significant other' in your life will either become more or less significant once the Hayabusa enters the equation.

Good Luck!
ya that's great an' all Haya....
Butt I just use my Busa to score the chic's...

Rubb.

Hi all. I’ll be going to the Harley Davidson dealership tomorrow to see if I can get a better deal on the bike. Not really sure what to offer. I guess I’ll go 9500$ since new/old stock from 2018 is 9999$. If any of you thinks I should go lower with initial offer, let me know. Hopefully I can test ride as well. Harley has an easy test ride policy and I have a good relationship with them there. (Bought 3 bikes)
I’ll post pics. Really looking forward to the new bike.
Thank all.

Nice find but the new 2018 for $9999 is tempting IF they dont throw a ton of fees on top of the price. I used to ride a Harley also but it felt more like transportation and my heart never paced like it does riding the beast. I bet you will love whichever bike you choose just make sure to come back and show us pics of the new ride! Good luck tomorrow!

Hi all. I’ll be going to the Harley Davidson dealership tomorrow to see if I can get a better deal on the bike. Not really sure what to offer. I guess I’ll go 9500$ since new/old stock from 2018 is 9999$. If any of you thinks I should go lower with initial offer, let me know. Hopefully I can test ride as well. Harley has an easy test ride policy and I have a good relationship with them there. (Bought 3 bikes)
I’ll post pics. Really looking forward to the new bike.
Thank all.
I'd say it but..."Luck is not a factor." :thumbsup:
Go get 'em man...kill kill kill...
Rubb.

Then you have the secondary fuel injector issue that this 2015 will probably have. Seals and bearings that have sat stagnant for 5 years... I'd go for new, probably save money not having to chase demons...

Back