New to Hayabusa, looking at 2015

If the bike is still in the shop have them flush the brake and clutch lines. While only 800 miles the fluid is 5 years old
Smart. Maybe coolant etc,as well. If they have any questions about wrenchin' on "Jap Krap" type technology, tell 'em to post up here.

Rubb.

Bike is at Suzuki dealer. They are going to give the bike a service and check vin number to see if previous owner had any service work done. Harley dealer would not touch it.
Bike will be ready to ride tomorrow barring something major which I doubt!
Thank you everyone for your great advice and help.
Really excited to get out on the backroads and twisters tomorrow.

Had great day on the bike. Suzuki tech said all fluids were in great shape. He did oil change, chain lube and adjustment everything else great. Did have one occasional issue. Sometimes when I started bike up, I couldn’t get it to go into first, if I put in in second,then downshifted it would, or rolling it forward would. Any thoughts?
Other than that, bike was everything I hoped it would be.

Sometimes when I started bike up, I couldn’t get it to go into first, if I put in in second,then downshifted it would, or rolling it forward would.

When I start off in neutral I disengage then engage the clutch, pull it in a second time and shift, and it slips right into first. Sometimes it does require a short roll and I mean the minimal movement of say an inch. Such is the nature of getting into first from a stop, however it should require no more effort than this every time.

Suzuki tech said all fluids were in great shape.

Did he taste test them to determine they were good? I do not trust anyone.

If that minimum effort fails then the next test is to approach the bike that has been sitting for a while, pump the lever several times. Does it slip right into first? That would indicate that there is air in the fluid.

The left pic is the OEM fluid which appeared dark from any angle even in a bright dealership. The right pic is after a change. taken in a dark garage with the ceiling light on, but unlike the OEM fluid, from any angle I can see through it and identify amber fluid. Hrm one thing I do not know is if dealers use the factory fluid. I guess this does not help if so. But the above test would help. My bike was two years old and had 300 miles. The brakes improved significantly with a fluid change.

Based on your input, there can be other causes. Search this site for this issue. Make sure the chain was not adjusted too tight. There should be about one inch of total play. If the idle is high that is like using the throttle and there is too much pressure on the clutch to shift into first.

1595172563348.png
1595180412106.png

Last edited:
I’m getting used to how much fun the Busa is. Too fun! The “going into first gear” is still there. Squeezing clutch lever twice lets me put it into 1st. What is reason for that? Also, I’m getting used to the different lights on the dash but don’t know about one. It is on far left and when I start bike, it turns on white for a few seconds.
Thank you

I’m getting used to how much fun the Busa is. Too fun! The “going into first gear” is still there. Squeezing clutch lever twice lets me put it into 1st. What is reason for that? Also, I’m getting used to the different lights on the dash but don’t know about one. It is on far left and when I start bike, it turns on white for a few seconds.
Thank you
The white light is your shift light...it can be set for different RPMs you can shift at.

Thank you for info. I’ll bleed clutch and see if that works. That shift light is pretty big!! Not sure I’ve seen it come on except when I start bike!

Back