Hello, New here

Uglywhitebike

Registered
So yeah, new to the site as I’ve just picked up a used ‘22, I’m pretty excited. 1st “new” sport bike in like 20 years. I’m turning 45 this year, started street riding in my late teen’s on Gixxers, R1’s and everything in between. Got into Harley’s at some point, still own and love older Harley’s but my ‘20 Lowrider S left much to be desired and while the Hayabusa was too big and bulky for 24 yo me, 44 yo me is loving it. Anyway, I heard y’all like introductions and pics, this was my 1st stop on the way home (650 miles). Great way to learn a new bike. I’m sure I’ll be picking brains on this forum so thanks for having me.

IMG_4495.jpeg

Again, welcome to the fray! Good lookin' scoot, too. Did the previous owner change the accent color or order it from Suzuki that way? Any thoughts or plans for the bike?

Good looking machine and a good way to get an introduction to it by riding it all those miles home....

Thanks! I traded in so I’m not sure if the color accents were special order or color matched, It’s definitely been lowered with vortex dog bones and the PO did a horrible job tinting the tail lights, and chopping the fender resulting in a shorting left blinker. Luckily the dealer agreed to send me a new tail light assembly as it definitely shouldn’t have passed their “safety inspection”.
Other than that I added some lowered pegs which I’ll be swapping back out until I can raise the rear to stock height. I’m about to order a M4 system and I may raise the bars, we’ll see. Some of those red accents will have to go, the under tank panels are definitely getting replaced with black or matte CF. It’s way too blingy for my taste as is.
I want this thing to be a mile muncher, I usually take several big rides every year. So far I love the rider aids and just how silky smooth it is on the highway.

So yeah, new to the site as I’ve just picked up a used ‘22, I’m pretty excited. 1st “new” sport bike in like 20 years. I’m turning 45 this year, started street riding in my late teen’s on Gixxers, R1’s and everything in between. Got into Harley’s at some point, still own and love older Harley’s but my ‘20 Lowrider S left much to be desired and while the Hayabusa was too big and bulky for 24 yo me, 44 yo me is loving it. Anyway, I heard y’all like introductions and pics, this was my 1st stop on the way home (650 miles). Great way to learn a new bike. I’m sure I’ll be picking brains on this forum so thanks for having me.

View attachment 1680673

Ugly white bike? Whatchutalkinboutwillis?

IMG_0314.png

IMG_0246.png

Last edited:

View attachment 1680673
600+ miles? Nice. Ressspect!

It is... very red, ... and white. I see you are struggling with luggage as well. I have shrank my "luggage" to the papers, earpiece, phone. Now those fit under the pillion seat. However today I was wondering if the cowl has more room?

Maybe I am alone here, but I think the OEM cans are fitting this bike.

Anyway, have a great time and welcome in the HOG. (Hayabusa Owners Group of course, what else?)

600+ miles? Nice. Ressspect!

It is... very red, ... and white. I see you are struggling with luggage as well. I have shrank my "luggage" to the papers, earpiece, phone. Now those fit under the pillion seat. However today I was wondering if the cowl has more room?

Maybe I am alone here, but I think the OEM cans are fitting this bike.

Anyway, have a great time and welcome in the HOG. (Hayabusa Owners Group of course, what else?)
HOG thanks

I just ordered new under tank panels so at least I can shed some of the red. I guess the PO had those painted.

Back