New to Hayabusa, looking at 2015

Noles2020

Registered
My local Harley Davidson dealer has a 2015 Hayabusa with less than a 1000 miles on it. Bike looks stock with exception of yoshi pipe. They are asking 11,200$ for it. I haven’t seen it in person, only pics on website. Looks perfect. Concern of course is such low mileage on 5 year old bike. Weird to say, I know. Guess I will know more when I go it. I’ve only ridden Harley’s for last 10 years and want to ride a “sportbike” before I get too old! Good choice? And how does price seem?
Thanks all.

My local Harley Davidson dealer has a 2015 Hayabusa with less than a 1000 miles on it. Bike looks stock with exception of yoshi pipe. They are asking 11,200$ for it. I haven’t seen it in person, only pics on website. Looks perfect. Concern of course is such low mileage on 5 year old bike. Weird to say, I know. Guess I will know more when I go it. I’ve only ridden Harley’s for last 10 years and want to ride a “sportbike” before I get too old! Good choice? And how does price seem?
Thanks all.
Honestly at that price u aren't far from just buying new, I bought a 2014 leftover in 2016 and the dealer had it listed for right at 11 or 12 thousand and that was zero miles. Now the first thing people usually do is change out their exhaust so making sure if they have a full exhaust or just slip ons, honestly I wouldn't be scared of purchasing a busa that old with low miles but fir that price it should have some good mods or a better price.

Thanks all.

Price seems very high. When you say “pipe” do you mean a single pipe? It came with dual pipes. As for wanting to ride a sport bike, coming from a Harley, remember it has about a (hundred more ponies) than a Harley and weighs considerably less. Shop around or talk them down on price.

It’s nice looking. Why only one exhaust tho?

Weight loss, looks, possibly more power depending on several factors, it’s a common mod. Just mentioned it because you seem new to superbikes. They also come with a hump where the rear seat is. Do they have one?

Reactions: Zee
I am new to superbikes. I’m going to go see tomorrow if the are open. So I don’t know much about it. Does the single exhaust affect anything? Not sure about “hump” where rear seat is. I’ll find out. Would the single exhaust be a deal breaker?

My recommendation is that you take some time and learn about sportbikes before making any decisions. Visit this and other sportbike forums to find out about each of them. Right now it's not really clear why you want one other than to say that you rode one. Lots of great people here with lots of information, but you will find that many of the questions you have are more personal in nature and only you can decide what is or is not a deal breaker.

I am new to superbikes. I’m going to go see tomorrow if the are open. So I don’t know much about it. Does the single exhaust affect anything? Not sure about “hump” where rear seat is. I’ll find out. Would the single exhaust be a deal breaker?

“Would the single exhaust be a deal breaker?” Not at all, rider preference. You’ve seen Harleys with two into one exhaust? In any event they’re asking too much.
For example,

Back