New Riding Gear

Glyn, I don't have any problems with the hump. Having it to do over again, I may have gotten a size larger but I need to wear it more to break it in. If you are really interested, 'bad southern busa' has one for sale (size 50) over at sh.org that you may want to check out. Here's a link: <a href="http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41602">Hayabusa Jacket<a>.

BigBS, you could be like me and just wear some Doc Martins.....JK Bro.
BS,
I wear Doc Martin Industrial Work Boots. They are comfortable the soles don't slid around and with steel toes, you can't beat 'em. I've talked to a couple of motorcycle shop guys, and while looking at the Icon HD boots, they noticed my Docs and told me to stick with what I've got.

Just my .02

I've tried many kinds also, I finally bought a pair of Cruiserworks boots,THEY ARE THE BEST!! they are comfortable, and a major point WATERPROOF. They have a website www.cruiserworks.com. They are kind of pricey $289.00 I think, but i've had mine a couple of years and they are perfect.

Thanks for the link BigBS, but I think I need a 52 from AGV, tried one on at the local dealer, thought it would be swimming on me, but it was about perfect. The one at the dealer was a perforated gsxr jacket, not the Busa jacket. Looks like he has a nice price on that thing too.

Thanks for the link BigBS, but I think I need a 52 from AGV, tried one on at the local dealer, thought it would be swimming on me, but it was about perfect. The one at the dealer was a perforated gsxr jacket, not the Busa jacket. Looks like he has a nice price on that thing too.
I keep hoping he sells it, so I won't think about picking up a spare.

I wear a size 13 (48 euro) and my boots fit great. One word of advice though. When you first get the boots, put them on and walk around the house with them for about an hour. The leather loosens up real easily and will enhance the comfort. They WILL seem a little stiff when you first put them on, but that's the case with any leather item. You won't be sorry you chose the SIDI.

BigBS, you are also going to love the Icon Super Duty boots also. Myself and BulletTrain seem to be the only ones that sport these boots, but I would recommend the Icon Super Duty Boot to everyone who doesn't want to wear the typical race-type boot all the time. The comfort level is matched evenly, if not better, than the best boots on the market. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

I know I'm a little late to the game, but I wear Joe Rocket Orbit boots and I like them alot. I think they are made by Doc Marten for Joe Rocket. Very comfy for extended wear and not only that, but they don't look like you're typical SIDI or Teknic "track-type" boot. You can wear them with just about anything in the casual category and get away with it.

I've been considering trying out the Icon as my next casaul riding boot, but there is just something about the styling that I don't think I can get around. Again, this comes back to the fact that I get off the bike and hop into a pair of Kaki pants at work and with the Orbits, its no biggie, but with the Icon's I just don't think it will work.

On a somewhat related, but really won't work as a riding boot tip, I was looking for new Oakley's and came across these rather cool boots: http://oakley.com/catalog....ht_camo

I wear a size 13 (48 euro) and my boots fit great.  One word of advice though.  When you first get the boots, put them on and walk around the house with them for about an hour.  The leather loosens up real easily and will enhance the comfort.  They WILL seem a little stiff when you first put them on, but that's the case with any leather item.  You won't be sorry you chose the SIDI.
Thanks again, BA! It's a done deal on the SIDIs, but I will wait until probably May to get them since I will be about a month from coming home (if all works out). I also want to give the ICONs a try, but may wait until I can try them on before getting them. I have some boots to fill a similar purpose now and don't want to rush to get those. The street/racing boots are a must!

I know I'm a little late to the game, but I wear Joe Rocket Orbit boots and I like them alot.  I think they are made by Doc Marten for Joe Rocket.  Very comfy for extended wear and not only that, but they don't look like you're typical SIDI or Teknic "track-type" boot.  You can wear them with just about anything in the casual category and get away with it.

I've been considering trying out the Icon as my next casaul riding boot, but there is just something about the styling that I don't think I can get around.  Again, this comes back to the fact that I get off the bike and hop into a pair of Kaki pants at work and with the Orbits, its no biggie, but with the Icon's I just don't think it will work.

On a somewhat related, but really won't work as a riding boot tip, I was looking for new Oakley's and came across these rather cool boots: http://oakley.com/catalog....ht_camo
Thanks, Altec, and welcome to the board! The only problem with those is that I have some very similar military boots that I wear everyday and don't really want the reminder while I'm riding!

Back