New Riding Gear

Well, I think I have about decided what to get and wanted to throw it out one more time for opinions. First, I've already got a SHOEI RF900 Helmet:

Baby_J___Shoei_RF900_Hayabusa_Helmet___2.JPG

I was hoping to stay with the same manufacturer for everything else, but doesn't look like it will happen so here's what I'm thinkin' of. SIDI B-One Boots (from NewEnough.com) ($200 TYD)

SIDI_B_One__Black_Gunmetal_Gray_.jpg

For the quick trip without full racing gear a pair of ICON Super Duty Boots (from Parts 411) ($76.50 TYD)

ICON_Super_Duty_Boots__Stealth_.jpg

Have a set of AGV GX-1 gloves to match the jacket, but am thinking of a set of Joe Rocket Speedmaster Gloves (from NewEnough.com) ($99)

JRSpeedmasterGlovesBlack_GunmetalGray.jpg

And the coup de gras. A pair of FieldSheer Sport Air Pants ($249) if I can get them with a little extra length.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109676373 -->

FieldSheer_Sport_Air_Pants__Front_.jpg

I got the Sidi Vertebra Races, and I love em'!
They offer more protective feature than any other boots that I could find. They now have a new line-up and are even more protective. The vertigos I think, cant remember. These boots are nice, they feel really good, don't miss shifts with them as much, as they have a shift plate. I can't say enuff good stuff about em.

I hope they are as good as you and everyone else says they are, busafever!

I like the gloves, and you have the jacket I've wanted for so long...

I think I bought those same riding boots for about $47, newenough.com, and there's just something odd about 'em...they feel like they'll never break in, kind of hit my ankle in an odd way and hurt...

I like the Sidi boots BigBS! Get 'em...
cool.gif

If you ever get the chance.  Take a look at the teknic violater boots.  So far the most comfy boots i have tried.  Trust me Ive gone through many pairs of boots from a majority of the manufacturers.   Ive owned Diadora, sidi, alpinestars, spidi, teknic, joe rocket, and also oxtar.  I used to be an accessory ##### when i first got into riding.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109694889 -->

I like the gloves, and you have the jacket I've wanted for so long...

I think I bought those same riding boots for about $47, newenough.com, and there's just something odd about 'em...they feel like they'll never break in, kind of hit my ankle in an odd way and hurt...

I like the Sidi boots BigBS!  Get 'em...
cool.gif
Thanks, VA! The SIDI's are a done deal. The ICON boots were just a nice to have and I may wait to see if I can try them on in a local dealer. I'm not a big JR fan and have looked around for other gloves, but can't really find anything with real good armor protection and a little ventilation as well. The pants are a whole nuther story!

If you ever get the chance.  Take a look at the teknic violater boots.  So far the most comfy boots i have tried.  Trust me Ive gone through many pairs of boots from a majority of the manufacturers.   Ive owned Diadora, sidi, alpinestars, spidi, teknic, joe rocket, and also oxtar.  I used  to be an accessory ##### when i first got into riding.
I'll take a look at the Teknic's, Big E, but I think I am stuck on the SIDI's. I have tried a set of their cheaper boots and was not impressed at all, but I guess you get what you pay for.

what size are you looking for? I have a pair of black alpinestars smx plus boots. New in euro size 44 Price is $175 shipped to the lower 48 states.

You'll love the speedmaster gloves. Those are the only gloves that I have used since I started riding. All the other gloves feel bulky and stiff compared to the speedmaster gloves.

The gloves look good and hope they fit as described at NewEnough.com. I'm looking for a size 12 which I believe is a size 47 Euro.

Nah I would suggest going with a 46 euro. I have buddies who are size 12 and purchased euro 46's for them and fit perfectly. 47 euro I would put at more like 12 1/2 to 13 us.

OK, I'm up
I'm using the Alpinestar boots 12=48 euro on them, they seem to cut their stuff a little tight. The Alpinestars ride AND walk very well. Those Sdis look good though.
I got a set of Teknic lightning gloves last year. A little stiff on the edges due to the Kevlar, and no ventalation, so they are not the best for hot weather, but are at least ok for less than the low 80's. About $50

Your jacket is towards the top of my list of things to get. I have it down to 3 models of AGVsport, 1 tourmaster, and 1 Teknic. ( Vanson is still too pricy ) How's the jacket? Does the hump get in the way ?

Back