New Riding Gear

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I know riding gear has been sort of beat to death but wanted to get opinions on a set of boots that I am thinking of getting.  Last year I bought a pair of Teknic Freeway II boots from NewEnough because I had never worn racing boots and wanted to see how they felt without spending a lot of money.  Well, they were cheap ($47) but did not wear very well for me.  I'm now looking to upgrade and have narrowed my options to the following (in this order):  #1 - SIDI B-One, #2 - AGV Pro Roadrace and #3 - Teknic Speedstar.  I thought about the SIDI Vertebra 2 Air Race, but don't know if I need all that for just street riding.  So, looking to the family for opinions, experiences or other suggestions.  Also, if anyone has any suggestions on leather sport riding pants for tall people with long legs I would gladly take them also. TIA.

Separately, has anyone tried the SIDI Scorpion boots for casual to the store riding when you don't want to put on the other boots, but want the protection.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109591565 -->

I came across some very good reviews about SIDI... why dont you seriously consider them
rock.gif

smile.gif

Hey BigBS, I definitely can help you there. I have a pair of Sidi TeporEvo's and they are great. If you're into the typical street riding, then this is definitely the boot for you. They have a good fit and very comfortable. Probably one of the best $200 I've ever spent. Also, check into the Icon Heavy Duty boot. Those are a very good boot for just tooling around town. The Icon boot is made more like a hiking boot, but they are very, very comfortable and provides pretty good protection for ankles and feet. Surely you won't want to wear the typical racing type boot on every ride, so spend the extra $80 and get a set of the Icon's. You can get both sets of boots for less than $300 (not incl. shipping). If you don't believe me about the Icon boots, just ask BulletTrain. I convinced him to give them a try, and he gave a very good review of the boot. As far as the Sidi is concerned, they got very good reviews and besides them being a good protective boot, it was also was reviewed as superior in the "Kewlness" factor because they wear well with a pair of jeans as well as leathers.

Hey BigBS, I definitely can help you there.  I have a pair of Sidi TeporEvo's and they are great.  If you're into the typical street riding, then this is definitely the boot for you.  They have a good fit and very comfortable.  Probably one of the best $200 I've ever spent.  Also, check into the Icon Heavy Duty boot.  Those are a very good boot for just tooling around town.  The Icon boot is made more like a hiking boot, but they are very, very comfortable and provides pretty good protection for ankles and feet.  Surely you won't want to wear the typical racing type boot on every ride, so spend the extra $80 and get a set of the Icon's.  You can get both sets of boots for less than $300 (not incl. shipping).  If you don't believe me about the Icon boots, just ask BulletTrain.  I convinced him to give them a try, and he gave a very good review of the boot.  As far as the Sidi is concerned, they got very good reviews and besides them being a good protective boot, it was also was reviewed as superior in the "Kewlness" factor because they wear well with a pair of jeans as well as leathers.
Thanks, BA! SIDI had already made it to the top of my list, but this definitely helps. Don't really need the waterproof boot because I don't ride in the rain. Have looked at the ICON boots before and thought they were okay. Looked at NewEnough for both and they don't have the ICON boot in my size. I may keep looking to see where else I can find them at a comparable price.

ive always had sidi boots but this time around i got the alpinestars and love them,they are much more comfortable for me and look great . only downside is that they squeek alot,i ended up spraying joints with wd40!

I have Alpinstars SX-3 and they are good boots. A bit less money than the Sidi's. However, IMO Sidi is at the top as far as quality and protection goes. My son wears nothing else but he hits the race circuit in the summer.

I would steer clear of the Icon stuff? I'm not impressed with their gear. It's probably okay for casual street riding but I'd never hit the track with Icon! Just my Opinion for whatever it's worth?

The one thing I would look for in a boot is a thin toe. Boots with a thick toe (From top to bottom) can make shifting a pain? I'm not sure I'd get full race boots for everyday riding?

ive always had sidi boots but this time around i got the alpinestars and love them,they are much more comfortable for me and look great . only downside is that they squeek alot,i ended up spraying joints with wd40!
Thanks. I don't want to have to oil up any parts of the boot before I go ride. May not always be the case, but for the money shouldn't have to do it.

I have Alpinstars SX-3 and they are good boots. A bit less money than the Sidi's. However, IMO Sidi is at the top as far as quality and protection goes. My son wears nothing else but he hits the race circuit in the summer.

I would steer clear of the Icon stuff? I'm not impressed with their gear. It's probably okay for casual street riding but I'd never hit the track with Icon! Just my Opinion for whatever it's worth?

The one thing I would look for in a boot is a thin toe. Boots with a thick toe (From top to bottom) can make shifting a pain? I'm not sure I'd get full race boots for everyday riding?
The ICON or the SIDI Scorpion boots would definitely not be for the track. Only for those quick trips to the store or something. From all I've read and seen SIDI is at the top, but wanted to hear some opinions from other folks before making that decision. Don't really want to kick out the money for something that's not really what its proclaimed to be.

I just wear a pair of gsx boots. I wear them for work as well. They're black, lace up just to/slightly above the ankle, and are comfortable as hell. They're not sold specifically for riding. They're sold in shoe stores, but they are comfortable and I tend to spend most of my cash on riding pants, gloves, jackets,...and accessories for the bike, right! :-) I have to buy for two now as my wife is riding now too...I wish I had $200 to spend on boots!

Anyway, BS...I a couple of the guys I ride with swear by SIDI. They love their boots.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109613937 -->

BigBS, you could be like me and just wear some Doc Martins.....JK Bro.
I myself am looking for some boots, but am not really sure which brand to go with. Considering Alpinestars is right next door to my job, I just might take a walk next door and politely ask if they have some demo boots laying around
tounge.gif
Have you been to a dealer that has some on display around your area? I know Cyclegear carry's a variety on race boots and so forth. Good luck boot hunting...

Thanks, busahaya. Haven't been able to really try anything on. Just browse the net and see what other's are buying.

I have Sidi Vertigos... I love them. Great protection and are comfortable. A little stiff for long walks on breaks, but wonderful to ride in.

Back