New Modifications

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, a lot of you know my bike from the avatar, signature or pics that I have posted. A 2003 black/grey 'Busa with a lot of carbon fiber stuff on it. Since I have about 11 months now before I get back and can do any mods to her I wanted to take some time and think about what I wanted to do. What I will probably do is add some new rims, slip-ons, PCIIIR (if needed), K&N filter (if needed), and other accessories (alarm, IndiGlow gauges, etc.).

The question that I have is would it be a clash to add chrome with the CF or should I stay with the CF theme. I am already planning to get chrome rims, but should the slip-ons or exhaust have stainless or titanium cans or be of a carbon look? Would it be in bad taste to add chrome stator cover and kickstand?

I am leaning towards adding the chrome pieces, but wanted to get some other opinions.

Thanks for the help and for those that haven't seen her here are a couple of pictures.

DSC00463.JPG

post more pics of your carbon stuff so we can see what you all have and tell you if it will clash or not.

Slider right.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087051140 -->

DSC00471.JPG

I think you're right, Busa142! Come on guys, no other opinions out there?

I hope everyone is out riding or something and hasn't had a chance to look at this yet! Come on, I need some help here!

Are you going for mainly cosmetic mods ? I reckon your bike looks sweet as it is
thumbs-up.gif

Although a nice dump pipe & air filter protruding would top it off .. forced induction ! you know you want it
biggrin.gif

Are you going for mainly cosmetic mods ? I reckon your bike looks sweet as it is  
thumbs-up.gif

Although a nice dump pipe & air filter protruding would top it off .. forced induction ! you know you want it
biggrin.gif
Mostly cosmetic, at least for now! Don't need a whole lot more horsepower. Won't say a turbo or big bore kit is out of the question, but probably unlikely.

Chrome stator cover and kickstand, would be a nice attraction I think with no clash to your CF theme..And if your going to put chrome wheels on it I would also use A polished or Chrome exhaust can just my .02 cents.. BTW your bike looks real nice already..Kudos to the mods you've done so far..A big thumbs up..
cool.gif
Heres a pic of my Baby to dool on
laugh.gif
alittle black W/alittle bling bling
cool.gif

one_star_finished_busa_001.jpg

cool.gif

Chrome stator cover and kickstand, would be a nice attraction I think with no clash to your CF theme..And if your going to put chrome wheels on it I would also use A polished or Chrome exhaust can just my .02 cents.. BTW your bike looks real nice already..Kudos to the mods you've done so far..A big thumbs up..
cool.gif
Heres a pic of my Baby to dool on
laugh.gif
alittle black W/alittle bling bling
cool.gif
Thanks DR! Like I said, I thought it would look alright and not conflict with the CF theme but wanted to get some other opinions. I've thought about the CF or carbon look cans, but am ready for a little bling bling! Will definitely do the chrome wheels and stator cover and possibly the swingarm and polish the frame! And actually, seeing yours reinforces the thought of getting a PUIG windscreen with the GSXR1300 decals. A couple of performance mods to go with including the cans, PCIII USB and K&N filter. After that, who knows!

cool.gif

1350, MAN THE WEATHER WAS NASTY IN KANSAS HUH. I'm just past 12 months and pushing 15k. I'd ride everyday if life permitted it.

As for mods, I like the CF theme you're going with. I'd say chrome rims, swing arm & frame only! The rest looks hott as is!
My .02

BD

Thanks, Big Dawg! You must be out ridin' everyday, because I don't see you on the board much lately! Good for you, though! I want a little bling bling, but not too much!

Back