Chroming or polishing?

busahigg

Registered
:argue: should I chrome or polish my rims and other little things here and there? I was told that chroming affects the bearings then you replace them....the guy said they almost never run as smooth as they do when stock. I dont want to lose a good thing. Plus what do I have to replace when i get em back? Thanks guys......

HAD MY RIMS CHROMED HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY DIFFERENCE IN RIDE OR PERFORMANCE. I TOOK MY BIKE TO TUPELO POWERSPORTS IN TUPELO, MS. THEY SWAPPED THEM OUT ON THE SPOT $632.00. IT WOULD HAVE COST ME ABOUT $300.00 IN TIME AND MATERIAL TO POLISH THEM. CHROME SIMPLY LOOKS BETTER THAN POLISH. I HAVE ALREADY POLISHED MY FRAME AND SWING ARM NOW ALL I HAVE LEFT ARE THE SMALL PIECES.

WHO EVER TOLD YOU ABOUT THE BEARINGS WAS SOME WAY RIGHT, BUT YOU COULD END UP HAVING TO REPLACE YOUR BEARING EVEN IF YOU ONLY POLISHED THE RIMS, IF YOUR DOING THE WHOLE RIM. REMEMBER IF CHROMED THE WHOLD RIM WILL BE SUBMERGED IN THE SOLUTION.

GO CHROME FOR THE RIMS AND POLISH EVERYTHING ELSE, WHEN YOU HAVE THE EXTRA MONEY TO CHROME OTHER PIECES MOST PLACES WILL GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT FOR THE PIECES ALREADY BEING POLISHED. THEY HAVE TO BE POLISHED BEFORE THEY CAN BE CHROMED.
aktion035.gif

chromed mine, replaced the bearings with no noticable difference except the sweet shine and easy maintenance

I haven't done either yet. All I know is polishing looks good but it's high maintenance. Chroming(putting on layers) adds wieght. Meaning a heavier bike,meaning slower bike. Iknow it's not much but everything adds up.

Back