New Member with silly question :-)

Tks for the tips....may well be as Rusheriv indicates a sensitive ear listening for anything :-) As stated its not loud, just noticible, and vibration is what you would expect with recipricating parts...just never owned a bike that it was noticible at all on...mind you other bikes didnt have 170+ horsepower either :-) tks also for ride safe tips...new bikes have a way of creating focus issues :-)

If the idle is a little low, it will make the noise worse since the engine will be idling rougher than normal.

My '08 does the same thing if the weather's cold and I let it out immediately after starting..won't really do it if the weather is warm. I don't think that it's anything to worry about....btw...:welcome:

Had a chance to get it out into driveway, get it started and let it warm up a bit while I went over it closer....as noted, once warmed up it seemed to lessen and while mild vibration there noise subdued. Clutch action smooth and no noise in gear so appears the "overly sensitive" ear was the right call! So appears it WAS a silly question. Appreciate all the feedback and welcomes, can't wait to get it out on weekend for a cautious but much anticipated run around the block!!

Welcome to the org! My 05 doesnt make any noises that I am aware aside from the normal operation. I will have to pay closer attention.

I have an 05 too, and it makes no noise at all and certainly no vibration with the clutch in or out. I would look for something...

Thanks to all.....will work on a clip. If its normal for the Busa, great. Its not really loud, and not "sharp" like a metal/metal, or friction sound, but when you let out clutch you can feel a slight vibration that you dont with clutch in, and hear almost a "whir" or sound of rotation? Again all bikes make some noises, but always get worried when it happens with clutch engagement...
Resevoir appears full, bike moves away smooth and clean as clutch out gently, so "works" fine, but the sound made me nervous.
Its kind of a "rumble" isn't it? Its normal.......my 14 and busa both do it ;)
Big bikes, big clutches/gears, more noise :)

Last edited:
Rumble, that would be the word that I was looking for that eluded me! Not harsh mechanical noise, but a mild rumble, that seemed to lessen after a few miles...bike had been sitting at dealer for a few weeks when I bought it and this week was first run...tks

Just pull the clutch cover and make sure everything is tightened to spec. It's a quick peice of maintenance to lead to a sure mind.

Rumble, that would be the word that I was looking for that eluded me! Not harsh mechanical noise, but a mild rumble, that seemed to lessen after a few miles...bike had been sitting at dealer for a few weeks when I bought it and this week was first run...tks
No prob...thats what we're here for :thumbsup:

:welcome: All Busas make some tranny noise. My 08 reminds me of a big block classic from the 60s and 70s the way it rumbles. Take care of it, and it will take care of you. :beerchug:

You're just sensitive to the new noises....The Busa has a straight-cut gear drive between the crankshaft and the clutch basket. When it's not in gear and idling, there is "chatter" going on between the crankshaft, the clutch basket, and the gear cluster. The compression is banging the pistons downward, and the timing at idle is a little jittery causing a chatter......There isn't anything wrong with the motor, they just do this. When you're pulling the clutch lever, it's "loading" tension onto the clutch basket springs making things quieter, like a dampener.......

No PROBLEMS mon !!!!

Back