New owner with a few questions...

Wow. Thank for all the hospitality. This is the warmest reception i've experienced to any forum i've joined. I have read that the clutch switch being jumped will make the bike run on the neutral map. Is this true? If it is, I don't think i'll be riding it much until I get it fixed. Would this cause any damage?

Oh yeah. The kick stand, when up, seems to interfere with my foot and the shift lever. Is it supposed to (slightly) stick out from the bike or should it be flush?

Last edited:
First, :welcome:

Second, the clutch switch does not activate the neutral map. The gear position sensor does that. The jumper was to avoid buying the $12 switch, and probably just because it was a nuisance to get to the dealer more than the cost of it.

I am researching the Busa thus far, and have no first-hand experience with the kickstand position when up. My other Suzuki's (Older GSXR's and 2002 SVS) seem to stand a little more upright than I'm comfortable with, so your may have been reshaped for more lean.

And never park nose downhill, the stand will collapse and you'll cry.

First, :welcome:

Second, the clutch switch does not activate the neutral map. The gear position sensor does that. The jumper was to avoid buying the $12 switch, and probably just because it was a nuisance to get to the dealer more than the cost of it.

I am researching the Busa thus far, and have no first-hand experience with the kickstand position when up. My other Suzuki's (Older GSXR's and 2002 SVS) seem to stand a little more upright than I'm comfortable with, so your may have been reshaped for more lean.

And never park nose downhill, the stand will collapse and you'll cry.

Thanks for the info.

Back