New Member with silly question :-)

tvrfan2003

Registered
Bought a 2005 Busa,basically stock it appears, 11000 km on it a couple of weeks ago, had it delivered it tonight!! I am sure this is going to be a silly question that provides some laughs for longtimers, but have to ask....

Got on bike, clutch in, neutral, kickstand up, bike starts sounds great, smooth (not loud enough but...) everything great. Let out the clutch and feel fairly strong "vibration" and noise, almost like something not totally disengaging?? Let clutch out in gear, bike pulls away smooth, no tragic noices, but back in neutral its quiet til I let clutch out?

I know all bikes make noises, but this is my 13th bike, and even the old Harleys didn't make this noise unless clutch problem was about to be discovered :-)..

Any thoughts....
Tks

My 07 with 5500 miles makes a little noise at an idle with the clutch out, Nothing like my buddies ZX14 though.

Check to make sure the clutch fluid resovoir is full and there are no air pockets in it. There are so many things it could be and it could also be nothing. If you can record the sound it's making an upload it to the post it we may be able to help more. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all.....will work on a clip. If its normal for the Busa, great. Its not really loud, and not "sharp" like a metal/metal, or friction sound, but when you let out clutch you can feel a slight vibration that you dont with clutch in, and hear almost a "whir" or sound of rotation? Again all bikes make some noises, but always get worried when it happens with clutch engagement...
Resevoir appears full, bike moves away smooth and clean as clutch out gently, so "works" fine, but the sound made me nervous.

Thanks to all.....will work on a clip. If its normal for the Busa, great. Its not really loud, and not "sharp" like a metal/metal, or friction sound, but when you let out clutch you can feel a slight vibration that you dont with clutch in, and hear almost a "whir" or sound of rotation? Again all bikes make some noises, but always get worried when it happens with clutch engagement...
Resevoir appears full, bike moves away smooth and clean as clutch out gently, so "works" fine, but the sound made me nervous.

How many miles are on it?

Welcome to the org! My 05 doesnt make any noises that I am aware aside from the normal operation. I will have to pay closer attention.

Just be extremely careful with those cold tires brother, they will surprise you.

Just be extremely careful with those cold tires brother, they will surprise you.

Well said,
There has been a few posts lately about some people dropping their bikes just when it gets "Time to ride weather" and sand, salt, gravel and cold tires have all played a part.
Just be careful and remember that its all about controlling the beast on Top of the seat not the one under it - think about it.
Bubba

well depending on were the noise is coming from. It could be the clutch basket. Not a terrible thing unless the noise is hidious than you might need some clutch work. Does it shift okay and stay in gear?

:welcome:

There is a problem like you said! Inner basket brg nut is loose! With all the bikes you have owned, the Busa should make the rest just a memory.

Could be a loose basket nut, could be hypersensitive ear of new owner. There is a change in noise when the clutch is released while in neutral.

:welcome: to the .oRg

Back