New Member here!

bquinn

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I'd intoduce myself here.  Been around bikes for a decent amount of time.  Started off on a 99 F4, then to RC51, then ZX12R (sorry, it was a good deal), then to GSX-R750, lastly a 05 GSX-R1000.  Did quite a few trackdays on the RC and 750, wanted to start racing but money was just too scarce.  

So I find myself without a bike in the first time in 6 years and it's killing me.  I've always liked busas, but my love for road racing kept me from commiting to the busa.  Now that I'm getting older I want something more comfortable I think I'm going to purchase one.  My only experience on a busa was a hahn turbo busa which was absolutely a riot.  Nothing like spinning a tire in 3rd gear at 120mph  
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I'm in central IL (Peoria) and hope to be on a bike soon.  Still not sure if I want to go first gen busa or wait a bit and hop on a new 08.  If it wasn't for that gawd aweful tail on the 08's I'd have my deposit down.  

I'd like to get into drag racing more.  I did some racing for fun up at Cordova and Joliet in the past, but nothing too serious.  My best time ever was on the 12R at 10.02 at 142mph.  I hope to run 9's on my new bike...let me reword that, I WILL be running 9's on my new bike.

anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know this is by far the best board I've been on!  
beerchug.gif
  5 years on gixxer.com and this board makes me feel more welcome in a couple visits. thanks

Bob

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
the '08 is a kickazz scoot and I'm sure an under tail will be available to help that arse
super.gif

Welcome to the Org. Great group of peeps here...including you!

Busa_Road_Trip_8.jpg

Welcome Great intro......
'99 Thru '08, which to choose
rock.gif
???
Just make sure you get the fasest color........

beerchug.gif

IMG_0008.JPG

Back