New Member here W/ a question

TDawg

Registered
I am not a Busa owner but will be getting one here within the next month. I would like to know what year of Busa is better to get between the 1999-2007?

I have a buddy who has a 99 for a little over $2000 dollars. I also found a
200+ model with a turbo for $4000 dollars. Please give me your honest opinions.

I am 41 years old and have been riding bikes since i was 6 years old. My last bike was a GSXR 1100. Its been over 10 years now since I have road a bike and now I want to get a busa so I can ride with my son who is getting a ZX7R.

99 was not factory restricted.

There were no major changes between 99 and 07, they were all pretty minor adjustments.

Get the one in the best shape, with the lowest mileage, for the best price.

:welcome: to the .oRg.

Great place; great people.

If you ask for opinions, you'll definitely get 'em here! :laugh:

:beerchug:

Ride safe, yo!

Just rideing or raceing?

My op. Just by a clean used bike yr don't matter if it's just street rideing

the gen 2 is better but newer and more exp

would not worry about turbo unless your raceing

good luck and ride safe

The bike have changed alot in the last few yrs so be cairfull

I will add to look for a bike as close to stock as possible. Never know who's been tinkering under the plastics and what their skill level was..

Welcome to the Org! :welcome:

Thanks alot guys. I dont race to much, I just liuke to ride and occassionaly stomp on the gas a little.

I will add to look for a bike as close to stock as possible. Never know who's been tinkering under the plastics and what their skill level was..

Welcome to the Org! :welcome:

I agree with Acehole, I looked at one Busa for sale, and it looked like it had been dropped off a bridge and then rebuilt by two 8 year olds with a pair of pliers and a hammer.

Just buy one you will enjoy and can depend on. Good luck

I have a 2001, and I understand that the ecu is different on that year than others. Looking at the power commander website you can see that there are only a handful of maps available
Posted via Mobile Device

If your buddy has a 99 for around 2k and it's in good running condition(or even needs minor repair) buy it! At least you'll know some of the bikes history and have a good idea of what type of condition it's really in.
All years of Hayabusa's are great bikes with no major problems, and they continue to run well regardless of mileage. If that 99 runs good, jump on it!
Besides, cheaper the better. If you're gonna hang around here, you'll find out there's tons of great mods, and you'll want that extra money to spend:laugh:

Thanks alot guys. I dont race to much, I just liuke to ride and occassionaly stomp on the gas a little.

well that will be fun to do with or without the turbo, thats for sure.

I would say go for the 99 if its in good condition, thats a dang good price and leaves you alot of room to do some mods to really make it your own if you wanted to

Last edited:
I would stick with the stock bike. With a turbo on the other one, Probably has been run pretty hard. No, on the really need one question.

Forgot, welcome.

Last edited:
get the newest 2007 you can find. Least molested, least milleage, least issues.

This was you're not dealing with injector filters, 16bit ecu, fuel pumps, starter clutch, aluminum subframes, etc.

:welcome: Glad to have ya here. Look at as many as you can so you can find a good one. Stock is better IMO most people are not to hard on them. Good luck

Prices you stated are very cheap. Be very careful they aren't Scams. Places like Craig's list and such at flooded with them.

:welcome::welcome:

Back