New LE First Impressions

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Flew to Socal Sat morning and picked up a beautiful new LE with 4 miles on the clock.  Rode 101 and 1 all the way home, 460 miles exactly, varying the speeds and revs as I went.  I must say the acceleration is locomotive like and never ending.  Fully tucked really makes an aerodynamic difference I learned (I'm 6'1") so is the double bubble or whatever the way I should go so as not to have to stay tucked to be more comfortable?  I thought I'd need Heli Bars and/or risers but I have very long arms and the tilt and distance doesn't seem to bother me.  I've been used to the standard riding position with my CBXs and figured I'd have a tough time with the new Busa but after an all day ride, a first ride as well, I think its going to work out just fine.

Averaged around the mid 30s in mileage and only got up to 110 a couple times.  Seems to cruise at 95 effortlessly, had to back off a bunch of times!  Gas guage seemed to work ok with 1 gallon left when the needle reached the red zone and I found a station.  Lo fuel light hadn't come on.  To check the speedo I was at 5000 revs at 95 mph.  Any GPS info on exact speed at 5000 revs?  Anyway, it seemed a bit high.  Which brand for a radar detector holder is recommended?  I'd rather dash mount it if possible but the area there looks a bit small.  Gascap stalk mount?  I have a V1 and if I needed it on my Xs, I (really) need it now.

The brakes are incredible, especially compared to what I'd been used to.  Manoman!  I can also see how a few minutes of test riding might turn away potential buyers.  Riding slow for example is much more tedious than say the standard riding position.  At speed its a different story as you all know.  To a new potential rider/buyer the Busa could be a tad intimidating.  Throttle (snap) with the EFI is much more so compared to the six carbs I've been used to.  Coming from relatively heavy bikes the weight of the Busa didn't have any effect on me.  Its stability at speed is what I was looking for.

So, is there a good throttle lock for that right grip?  Would probably appreciate one on a long ride.  Disc lock brand, tank bra?  I'm still walking back and forth to the garage just to look at it so I'll get back to you with more 'first' impressions.

Oh, it looks just like this!

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139207096 -->

06_LE_BUSA.jpg

I have my detector mounted between the instrument panel and windscreen (I'm not using the stock screen) using adhesive Velcro on the top of the I/P and the bottom of the detector. I ran the wires back through the bodywork to the battery but I plan to wire it the unused ignition feed terminal in the fairing over the winter.

Someone as tall as you would probably absolutely love the Buell pegs. They lower your feet about two inches. Between them and Tobins seats, the bike takes on whole new, more comfotable personality.

Ed

Back