First run-in with the le

"...and the Oscar goes to..."

Damn dude, I don't know what you sell but you should have been able to buy that bike a LOT sooner!!
biggrin.gif

Seems to me you could sell shoes to snakes, and probably some polish to go with it...

I have been pulled over a couple of times because of perception - Taking a corner, with my knee out a little, hard accelleration to the speed limit, tucked (for comfort) - Sounds like you did all the right things.
thumbs-up.gif
When ever I get pulled over, I do just like you said.
Put the kickstand down.
Remove key.
Remove my helmet and gloves, set them on the tank.
I do not go for my wallet until the officer is there and asks me for it, so I can tell him that I am reaching for it.
I keep my insurance/registration under the hump, so when they ask, I explain where it is and what I need to do before I get off the bike.

Very respectful to the officer, they have a tough enough job as it is...

"...and the Oscar goes to..."

Damn dude, I don't know what you sell but you should have been able to buy that bike a LOT sooner!!
biggrin.gif

Seems to me you could sell shoes to snakes, and probably some polish to go with it...
I am a Systems Engineer who supports Cisco's sales efforts. Yeah...marchitecture is what they ask us to specialize in but more often than not, we talk actual facts with customers. Makes me feel "clean" and allows me to sleep at night.

Was he City,state or county? The troopers in NC arent that friendly,the trooper that drives the camaro and the 2 bros that are troopers are uhhh.....troopers,yeah,thats what they are! LOL.:)

County LE. I haven't had any incidents involving troopers so thanks for the heads-up. I dont see too many of them around these parts though. Perhaps they stay on the I-State without venturing into inner roads.

Even this dude wasn't exactly friendly until towards the end of the conversation. Even then he wasn't really "smiling"...more like a quick smile and then all businessy again. I dont think he would have been as friendly had he some sort of proof that I was speeding. Other than the fact that I was tucked in...there was no real speeding involved. I guess 5 over is not really an offense (speedo errors).

Around here you can push about 10 over and be ok....But that guy in the Z-28 is a class A p***k.
Got that right,he likes to pull in your blind spot and try to make speed up or make you think he wants to race,I've seen him in action but never been stopped by him,some of my friends have not been so lucky,he threw the book at them! Watch for the trooper in the unmarked silver Lincoln as well.

good thing he did not ask you to get off your bike, the pucker factor might have had you stuck to the seat......:laugh:

I THINK I just had a close call- headed out Highway 12 towards Eureka Springs, there is a long straight bridge that spans Beaver Lake and it was SO empty....
Well, you know the rest of the story- I backed off at 100-110 to slow for the first curve, and rode about 3-4 miles more before turning around and heading back towards Rogers. After about a mile I met two Sherrif cars tucked in tight looking like Nascar drivers tracking around the curves. I guess I may have gotten them all excited....
blush.gif

Hey gsf, if you like twisties you have GOT to come to the Meet-n-Greet here, we're talking "In case of erections lasting more than four hours, GET OFF THE DAMN BIKE ONCE IN A WHILE!!!!!"

Good for you. It is always the best policy to pull over at once, shut off the bike, take off your helmet and gloves, and stay on the bike. Glad you received no speed award!

Back