Got my Busa yesterday, first impressions...

600 miles is the first US service. It is supposed the MOST important one also. The next one isn't until like 4,000 miles.

Hello. I read your story and felt that I should register and post a message too. In a couple of days, I will buy one Hayabusa too. It will be my second bike, being the first one matt black Ducati 750 Sport. I loved it, but now (after one year) I want something more. My girlfriend complains that the previous bike is too unconfortable, and I have a couple of complaints too...

I feel that I am not a great driver. It is easy to throttle when the road is clear and without curves, but when it comes to handling curves, I usually take it slower... This tactic has keep me alive and in one piece, but makes me think for how long will I be safe riding a 175hp monster?
rock.gif

I hope that the Busa really is as easy to ride as you told in your story. I hope to be as lucky as you were and find out that the Busa really is the bike that I am looking for...

Best regards to you all,
S7R4NGER

Welcome...S7R4NGER...It's all in the brain...roll on low power and slide the clutch out..if to much throttle you will stall it...
The Busa is sweet as a pussycat..when you want it to. Even after 8000 miles i still stall it once
in awhile....but man o man what a monster when you gasit hard..be cafeful..she's the devil in disguise....with a good heart..watta scooter...pure love.

I agree with PaceMaster, it's all in the brain. I've found the Busa to be so much more easier to ride than I feared. Huge torque at low rpm's and such power and acceleration at higher revs! Just take it easy and don't try anything stupid. You already know how to ride a bike (I didn't have a clue) so I'm just about 100 % sure you will love the Busa!

My Busa is now at the 600-mile service and I don't get her back until Thursday evening. I'm already missing her. Can't wait to spend the Easter weekend riding the bike!

If you feel you have enough self-control and take it easy in the beginning, you can handle the Busa. I think I'm a living proof of that (knocks on wood...). The biggest problem for me was (and still is) handling the bike at very slow speeds because I have no previous experience. But I'm getting better and better all the time with constant practise. I'm also very careful with the throttle because I know I can't handle the full power of this bike in a long time. I also keep saying to myself that 600 miles of riding experience is practically nothing and should something totally unecpected happen, I would probably be in trouble. But this could happen with any bike.

Be careful and enjoy, you'll love the bike!

Pete

Congrats on the new ride.  Must agree its all in your head.  I just got my bike a week and a half ago and its my first bike.  I learned on a YZF600 last fall and got hooked on motorcycling.  It only took 6 months to sway my wife into allowing the purchase of my very own.  When I ride I just keep telling myself:  have fun, don't get too stupid, and keep reminding myself I have four kids and a wife.  If I want to go fast, I hop in the jet at work and crank it up to 600mph.  No need in my situation to do a third of that with earthly obstacles in the way...more power those that can.  I think I'm kidding myself thinking I will not keep pushing with experience, but I do love my family.

Have fun, never quit learning, be safe.
kickass.gif

Back