First impressions

ChronosWS

Registered
The rain finally looked to be letting off, and I hadn't ridden the Busa since the test ride, so a friend and I went out for a ride. I still had slick tires, and the roads weren't entirely dry until we got up further north.

The first thing that struck me was how smooth and comfortable the bike is. Compared to my SV, the thing is a rock. Rock as in stability, not as in immovability. I was actually suprised how light it felt considering its actual mass. Even at 140, which I managed to reach once the roads were dry, it was completely stable - very reassuring considering how easy it is to get to such speeds.

And that speed. The acceleration is just unbelievable. It feels like all I can do to hold on even under what for this bike would be moderate acceleration. And it's so smooth and effortless. The bike never feels like it's even trying. Of course, the windscreen is completely worthless. Unless you are totally pressed against the tank, it feels like your head is gonna get ripped off by the wind. A DB screen is definitely in order. And a tank bag. I can't stand not feeling like my legs have something to grip.

This bike is absolutely wonderful. No buyers remorse here!

Congrats on the new toy
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear that you like it so far.
Yes, the acceleration is a little more "violent" than the SV.
Back to back rides find me getting off the Busa with a big grin and an "OH S**T"
tounge.gif

Pics to follow, right?

I got 300 miles on mine and I rush home from work everyday to get a 45 minute ride in. I am starting to get used to the power a little bit better now so let the mods begin. Stay safe out there and enjoy your new ride.

you think the first 100 were sweet, wait until the first 1000. Breakin achieved & with a lil more aggressive twisting.:O

Congrats and enjoy the ridin'! It is a great feeling each and every time!

Back