First Real Ride On The Busa

Geeeezz...there were several of us "older" Busa pilots willing to test your Busa yesterday  
tounge.gif
There is a local board with a Dyno Shootout thread and some video of a fine sounding Ducati 900SS  that belongs to another .org member here.
NorCalRiders
You should keep one eye on the ride calendar over there or....better yet.....come on down (or "up" in your case) to Thunderhill  
wink.gif

The vibration is normal in the 4-5k rpm range...for the false neutral between 5-6, shift it a little harder and you shouldn't have that problem
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 25 2007,18:51) The vibration is normal in the 4-5k rpm range...for the false neutral between 5-6, shift it a little harder and you shouldn't have that problem
super.gif
+1
The false nuetral will also go away with mileage

Thanks guys for the confirmation, ya the vibration is mainly noticible at 4,500 RPM. The false neutrel between 5th & 6th was the result of a rather light shift but at the time it really kinda freaked me out, all I could think was "Oh great the freakin tranny is falling apart". As far as it going away with milage, I don't know bout that, bought the bike with 7,500 miles on it.

I still think Suzuki designed that vibration into the bike. LOL. It lets you know that you are at 90 MPH and about to hit double the speed limit. (which is an immediate loss of license). The bike is like a speeding train on velvet rails so they needed some way to warn you about the speed since even 100 mph feels like 50.

The busa loves speed. I just drove from Washington PA to Johnstown (about 115 mile each way) and I averaged around 95-120 MPH the entire way cruising in comfort. The Busa is my best speed traveler. I love getting every where in half the amount of time.

Hey Gene! Nice to meet you. We had a blast all day.
super.gif

Like the guys said the vibe will happen between 4-5K or so, false nuetrals can happen in other gears but mostly 5th to 6th. I found some good synthetic oil or a blend will help as well as a lil more effort with your left foot.

Have fun, ride safe oh and get some pants with armor to match that nice jacket.
smile.gif

here's Gene:

March2007_043b.jpg

False neutral popped up when my bike was new. But after a few thousand kilometers, I don't think I noticed it except on rare occasion.  I think "shift like you mean it" is sound advice. That's what I did to get rid of the problem.

As for the V-MAX, that is one awesome bike. Love the Busa more, though. Sorry, I'm biased.

South Korea (below)

IMG_0264.jpg

I jumped from a VMAX to a busa too. Not much to compare. I had the same problem between 5th and 6th when my bike was new. Used to happen a lot, but now almost never. Like others have said, a couple thousand miles and it all but disapears. I think your vibration is just the typical inline four buzziness that the Max didn't have. Have fun, be safe, and give her the respect she deserves.

Back