new hayabusa rumor

In Motorcyclist this month, they feature the B-King - which has a busa engine in it. It's a nake bike with a cylon helmet look to the front fairing. Hope they're not talking about that as it's replacement...

(The cylons from battlestar galactica - the new series don't ya know)

No the B-King is not the "replacement", it was built to conquer all the naked bikes out there, which have grown in popularity.

Tsunami, nice, but doubt it would be a viable name since all the catastrophy associated with them.

Samuari, although it would be great if never used, but having lineage to the failed and sorry jeepster, no thanks.

I am one that believes the name can be a legend and alive at the same time. Mustang. Camaro. Corvette. Cobra. Challenger/Charger and the list goes on... (sorry, forgot GTO, short lived revival but with the lack-luster quality Domestics have its no wonder, we need to step it up). Suzuki likes to totally redesign things yet keep the name, good or bad, so we'll see, not soon enough, but we will see.

If its discontinued it well be great for busa owners because they it might be something like the toyota supra.Regardless of how bad shape its in someone WILL pay a lot of money for it simply to because they want a Supra and then do mods,paint jobs etc etc.Same could be done with a motorcycle that has a cult following and awesome aftermarket addons available.

(CrashBomb @ Nov. 06 2006,15:57) Dadofthree is right, I get at least one person every single ride that says, "Is that a..., Isn't that one of those..., Oh hey, that's a...." Or most recently, "Isn't that the bike Ben Rothelberger wrecked on? *sigh*

But have you guys ever noticed that no one can pronounce the flipping word? I've heard every mangled pronunciation I can think of. Huhbusa, Hayabuka, Hubeesa, Hebusa, Hoblusa...it goes on and on. Everyone knows what it is and knows all about it being "the world's fastest bike," but none of them can actually SAY THE WORD CORRECTLY. It is kind of amusing correcting people though.

I genuinely hope they don't change the name, it's such a stunning word. That's why I rarely call it a "'busa" (except around here) Busa sounds kind of crude and hackish to the ear. Hayabusa just rolls off the tongue so nicely
Got one more my redneck friend called it a pedusa,,,,go figure

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 06 2006,17:10) How do you say "Holy SH*T" in Japanese?

That should be the name if they change it.
神聖なたわごと

According to the translator I used.
laugh.gif

Holy sh*t Batman
神聖なたわごとの従卒
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back