new hayabusa rumor

tourbus

Registered
I was down at the monthly cassoday ride hear in kansas yesterday & was told by a middle aged man that the new bike will not be called hayabusa anymore. He claimed that his dealer told him suzuki does plan on a new hyper-sport bike but wants an all new bike, name & all. I'm adding it to my rumor list but was curious if anyone else has heard this.

It should have been called a Katana to begin with. I hope they put all the current Kan-a-tunas out to pasture and put the name back on a bike that deserves it, the next gen Busa would be great.

lurk.gif

so if its a different bike and no longer called a hayabusa, then it won't be the new hayabusa. Thats like saying the new CBR's are all "hurricanes". Will be nice to see what the newest platform is gonna be though.

Name is just that... a name. If it tops the current Hayabusa then it wont make much of a difference what they call it, unless its something really lame...

(vincent @ Nov. 06 2006,11:06) so if its a different bike and no longer called a hayabusa, then it won't be the new hayabusa.  Thats like saying the new CBR's are all "hurricanes".  Will be nice to see what the newest platform is gonna be though.
wink.gif

ya i hope if they do a name change it wont be cheesy, i asked my dealer about it & he said they've not heard any thing like that. maybe they could call the new one a zero or something L.O.L

... hope Suzuki to stick with the name Hayabusa , i love that name
smile.gif

I didn't know anything about the bike before doing research on bikes since I couldn't afford any of the cars I wanted. Since buying the bike I've noted that a lot of people know about the Busa. Men, women, and even kids are always walking up talking to me about the Busa.
lurk.gif

Dadofthree is right, I get at least one person every single ride that says, "Is that a..., Isn't that one of those..., Oh hey, that's a...." Or most recently, "Isn't that the bike Ben Rothelberger wrecked on? *sigh*

But have you guys ever noticed that no one can pronounce the flipping word? I've heard every mangled pronunciation I can think of. Huhbusa, Hayabuka, Hubeesa, Hebusa, Hoblusa...it goes on and on. Everyone knows what it is and knows all about it being "the world's fastest bike," but none of them can actually SAY THE WORD CORRECTLY. It is kind of amusing correcting people though.

I genuinely hope they don't change the name, it's such a stunning word. That's why I rarely call it a "'busa" (except around here) Busa sounds kind of crude and hackish to the ear. Hayabusa just rolls off the tongue so nicely

All superbike models always keep the same name despite the upgrades.Like the gsxr600 will always stay a gsxr600 and a cbr1000rr will keep the name because they get upgraded like every two years.

(Sloto200 @ Nov. 06 2006,18:50) Name is just that... a name.  If it tops the current Hayabusa then it wont make much of a difference what they call it, unless its something really lame...
I think the new name is gonna be the HayaZX14killerBusa.

biggrin.gif

The name Hayabusa is going to be retired. It will always be a valuable bike because it will be discontinued. It was, and is a legendary bike. The only way to preserve its legendary status is to retire it at this point. Hold on to yours, fellas.

As for the new bike to "replace" it...-there is no replacing it. It was the most significant leap forward in performance above and beyond anything else at the time of its birth. More of a leap forward than that, is probably not possible at this point.

Unless Turbo becomes standard equipment.

The new Suzuki to represent big hyper sport touring behemoths like our beloved busa, is likely to be called a GT. Suzuki GT-14.

Most of the Suzuki bikes are becoming numbers and letters. Even the Intruder, Maurader, etc...are all changed to M109, etc.

Or maybe they could call it the Suzuki Samurai. It would have more horsepower than the original suzuki samurai.

Or the Suzuki Keeny. Named for the popular daytime vegetable.

How about the Suzuki Kabookie?

Or the Suzuki Dreamsicle?

LOL

I think the "hayabusa" is about done as far as names go. After all, there was all that news about the space satellite and all.

I vote for Suzuki Tsunami. Maybe it will be upstaged by the Kawasaki Katrina, or not.

Back