New guy with 06 Busa

Hey guys, just picked up my first Busa.. It's a 2006, black and maroon with 14k miles on it. Stock minus being lowered just a smidge.. Seems to run strong, smells like it might have some old crappy gas in it.
What should I look for or careful of with these bikes?

Pictures up soon.
Personally I would drain the tank and then add some Sea Foam to the first tank. Second I would change the oil and filter as well as the air filter. Third check your tires for sidewall cracks. If you see any cracking on the tires it's probably time to replace them. Better to be safe and not risk a blowout at 150. Ride and enjoy.

The bike doesn't seem to be affected by the gas at all, just smells a little stale. Then again, I am used to diesel and racing fuel.. The tires are both going to get replaced, front one is cracking a little. And I can get a better deal ordering them both at once, so I might as well...
Air filter is a K&N I believe, so I was going to clean it when I change the oil this week. Just waiting for my filters to come in..
Benefit of working at a performance car shop, I can get Wix filters cheap!:laugh:

Personally I would drain the tank and then add some Sea Foam to the first tank. Second I would change the oil and filter as well as the air filter. Third check your tires for sidewall cracks. If you see any cracking on the tires it's probably time to replace them. Better to be safe and not risk a blowout at 150. Ride and enjoy.

Nice bike same color as mine I just picked up last tuesday...

06busa.jpg

Welcome to the Org!! Nice ride always did like the 05 red/blk and 06 blk/ burg....good looking BUSA! ENJOY!!
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome: Fellow '06 owner! Only thing I've noticed about the '06 is it tends to have a wide range of when it cold starts. Sometimes it starts right up, sometimes it takes a sec. or two but it always starts. Just the way it runs.

Back