New Busa Owner

Slabman

Registered
06 Busa LTD (Maroon & Black) 10K:

2'' Lowering kit (Links in rear, blocks in front)
4:1 full exhaust conversion, Muzzy can
P3 programmer (nitrous mapped)
09 rear end, full sub-frame swap
New clutch, chain, tires
Intake, Intake conversion (Don't understand fully, help?)
Tuned @ chp Cycles Racing & dyno'd @ Kinetic Playground
Tank is perfect (Maroon & Black)
Right fairing is perfect (Black & Maroon)
Have black base painter fairings (R & L) in new cond.

Having said that, I am about to hunt down & purchase some parts (Mainly cosmetic) & could use some help/advice.

Need list (Bike went gently down on L side):

Gear display (add on)
Black wheel hugger (Currently Maroon)
Black grab bar
Mirrors
Graphic Kit for Left side (Grey/Maroon)
Black or Maroon Front Cowl (Currently Maroon)
Black left rear turn signal housing

I've been quoted from $500 (Repaint damaged areas to STK minus graphics) $1,700 to repaint entire bike, but am torn between leaving it STK & Blacking the whole thing out. Already have the new painter fairings in black for both sides. Can't seem to find a reasonably priced STK graphics kit. There are overseas plastic/graphics dist. that will sell all the plastics w/new graphics (non STK scheme) under $700, but seems like a dice roll with the qualitly & the mixed year rear end. If I black it out, I would want to preserve STK tank & just buy a black one. Anyone been in this position before? Any advice? Where can you find reasonable parts?

Also, does anyone have any bolt-on must advice for a new Busa owner? If it were a 2-stroke dirt bike I wouldn't be on this site, I'd be in the garage wrenching. First 4 stroke street bike. Must've rode a dozen GSXR's for extended periods before going with the Busa & I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE POWER, RESPONSE & RIDE!

busa.jpg

Welcome to the board. Nice bike.
Your best option as far as any plastics would be to buy new ones. Of course you plobably can buy
A new bike with the money you will spend on new ones. Those cheesy fairing kits from hong kong or china that you see on eBay are not work a flip. They break easily and often times, I've seen many people have to break out the drill because the holes are off. Unless you find an individual selling their old set, you might want to go with painting it.
There is a wealth of knowledge in here so check it all out. You may find someone selling what you are looking for. Good luck with you quest:thumbsup:

:welcome: to the org. Justin from Honda East will hook you up for sure. SKECHE is a member here, he makes stickers for people and Im sure he can save you money on the graphics.

Nice bike :thumbsup:

Back