New guy with 06 Busa

lrebusa19

Registered
Hey guys, just picked up my first Busa.. It's a 2006, black and maroon with 14k miles on it. Stock minus being lowered just a smidge.. Seems to run strong, smells like it might have some old crappy gas in it.
What should I look for or careful of with these bikes?

Pictures up soon.

Welcome. Has it been sitting for while to have crappy gas in it? Check all fluid, tire pressure, chain, oil, brake pads, etc. :welcome:

Here it is...
busa1.jpg

I'm thinking it was only sitting for the winter, the guy I got it from said he was driving it last summer. I've heard about the chain problems and picked up a nice used one from a friend of mine who recently put an arm on his bike.. It was only used for a year, and I know it was taken care of..
Going to check all the fluids tomorrow, as well as the brakes.. I know it needs a new front tire, rear seems to be good for now.

Welcome. Has it been sitting for while to have crappy gas in it? Check all fluid, tire pressure, chain, oil, brake pads, etc. :welcome:

Sorry for the messy garage, it started raining shortly after I got home with it and haven't had time to clean up...

And half of our race car is sitting in there still..

:welcome:
And just so you know right off the bat; what you got yourself there is most definately THE FASTEST color ever made.
:thumbsup:

So what's the deal with this "clutch mod" I hear so much about? And when does it become needed?
My bike is going to be fairly basic for now, full exhaust maybe an intake cam, tuned and lowered..

So what's the deal with this "clutch mod" I hear so much about? And when does it become needed?
My bike is going to be fairly basic for now, full exhaust maybe an intake cam, tuned and lowered..

When you start taking it to the track. :welcome:

Back