New guy here with a IMPORTANT and TIME SENSITIVE question

:welcome:
yeah dude- let this one pass, there will be a perfect bike for you when its time- it must not be time yet cause this one is no good :rulez:

05 engine is not a direct replacement for an 00. You are going to have more money tied up in the wiring harnesses to run the 05 EMU, or sensors to run the 00 EMU.

This sentence in the ad is enough to make me run

I'm glad someone else caught those.
Two diff motors, two diff ecus, two diff harnesses and probably a bunch of other stuff I don't know.
Why suggest it to be a race or track bike and not just a great bike to ride if he himself was not a racer?

Ok....

First if you posted a new in box Busa here it would sell quick.
Why? Because this is a Busa forum. Point is , there has to be umpteen Pc and Lt forums you could post yours in. I don't see why you say you cant sell it.
It's a techy world and I would think the latest and greatest would be something easily gotten rid of? Sure a $600 laptop works but it's not Alienware nor a real gamers LT.
Second an 00 broke not running with the amount of clean bikes out there, run away.
Heck advertise the LT for $3500 NIB on a Pc forum and find yourself a decent bike .

Something doesn't smell right here.... No one lays down 4700 on a laptop and leaves it in the box.... Hell... I didn't even know anyone with a brain payed that much for a laptop.... :whistle:

Edit: No one who is struggling with cash pays 4700 for a laptop. I'm sure those more endowed could care less how much they spend, but anyone that is cash poor and has a brain - doesn't pay that much for a laptop. - okay fixed

Last edited:
i didn't know top end laptops cost $5k. and I work in IT.

but what someone said earily. There are thousands of busa's out there. you seem to have found one of the worse. Be patient grasshopper and get a nice one.

Yeah I was sure there would have been some compatibility issues with an 05 and the 00 anf glad you guys picked up on the fact that it's a drag bike.

Yeah, looks like I will Be passing on this.

DM

Something doesn't smell right here.... No one lays down 4700 on a laptop and leaves it in the box.... Hell... I didn't even know anyone with a brain payed that much for a laptop.... :whistle:

Edit: No one who is struggling with cash pays 4700 for a laptop. I'm sure those more endowed could care less how much they spend, but anyone that is cash poor and has a brain - doesn't pay that much for a laptop. - okay fixed

Well if you want pics of the sealed box I can post them!

Just because I don't have money for a bike doesn't mean I don't have money.

I am building a 800hp T/A and between the crank, block and rear alone I have over $10k in it.

The laptop I am typing on right now is a Dell M2010 - look it up... it based for $4500 and maxed for $9K, I bought mine for $8200, but I also worked for the D.O.D. over seas at the time too, but now I am in Med school so $$$ IS tight, but I can still play a bit ;)

And I've been trying to sell the damn Alien, lol, but like I've said before... those that want it, can't afford it, and those that can, have it already ;)

And here is the thread for the Alien, on my T/A board, where everyone knows and respects me.

BRAND NEW Dell Alienware M17X 3.33GHz Turbo/8M Cache/ATI CrossFireX Dual Video Card - LS1TECH

DM

i didn't know top end laptops cost $5k. and I work in IT.

but what someone said earily. There are thousands of busa's out there. you seem to have found one of the worse. Be patient grasshopper and get a nice one.

lol... yeah they get up there... Actually, the Aline I have jumps to over $7K with Raid Config and SSD, but I still don't trust SSD completely, as least home units, plus they are just too damn $$$.

DM

Busa engine swaps are cake. FYI, the only weak part of a Busa driveline is the transmission. Get the trans undercut will make that thing damn near bullet proof.

Busa engine swaps are cake. FYI, the only weak part of a Busa driveline is the transmission. Get the trans undercut will make that thing damn near bullet proof.

Well I've decided not to do the trade. I've got no problem getting my hands dirty with grease and oil, but the consensus is stay away, even with a motor swap so so be it; you guys are the one who know ;)

DM

Sorry dude, but it sounds like red1100cc is right. Don't pay to buy someone elses problem. The laptop may be hard to sell, but you know it's worth something and will eventually find someone to buy it, even at a slight loss. But you'll end up spending a lot more time and money for a bike that's not worth the space in your garage. Don't let the excitement of a Busa and a laptop trade get to you. You can wait a couple more weeks / months for a running bike. :welcome:

Back