New guy from Puyallup, WA saying Hi!

Poseidon

Registered
Hello all-

I wanted to post after lurking for a day or two.

I bought the exact LE '05 Busa (gun metal grey), that I should have bought in JAN '05 instead of the wedding set, after coming home from Afghanistan 6 weeks ago. Yea wedding was called off back then... blah, blah blah....

Anyways I bought my Busa from a married guy with 4 kids who works for microsoft and was relocated to Singapore, so I got the bike (with 8,000 miles, Helmet, jacket, boots and the garmin Quest II GPS with both bike and car mounts) for $8,800.00.

The Busa is perfect. Completely stock except exhaust, so I am thinking of the following Mods in the near future and would like your opnion(s).

If you know of a great source to get these all the much better.

1. Motorhead Performance Undertail and integrated brake light/turn signal (stock tail fin and reflectors are getting on my nerves... hurts to look at them)
2. Frame sliders (suggested brand name and why)
3. Buell foot pegs
4. Upgraded brakes... any suggestions?

Thank you.

I would post a pic of my bike except we all know what a stock Busa looks like. After each Mod I will post a before and after pic.

Mike

Welcome to the board!

My votes:

1/ HID headlight. Don't pass go, just do it. Super bright + well worth the money. I put a 6K bulb in mine, and the cool white goes well with the Graphite Gray.

2/ I just put Galfer Wave rotors on the front and back, and realized that it was something that I should have upgraded long, long ago.

Busa_Bakersf__1_of_1_.jpg

Welcome to the board. Your going to want to post pics or everyone is going to yell at you even if it's just stock. As far as your wish list goes, you can take off the reflectors and trim or remove the mud guard and the tail looks so much better. Good choice on the pegs and go with EBC HH pads and Galfer steel lines. All sold by board sponsors. Good luck Ride safe
beerchug.gif

Welcome!
Now what can you do as far as mods? Let me think!
Oh I got some ideas,

Left_side.JPG

If it's a LE stock, I say leave it and maintain it and you'll have an original LE that hasn't been messed-up with greater value and more sought after as time goes on when these bikes hard to find, especially an LE.
If you start removing,chopping and altering, you'll have just another bike thats been f.. ked with and less desirable.
When you went looking for a bike, was it for one that was monkeyed with or not?

Just my thought. Welcome and enjoy
beerchug.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard!

I would post a pic of my bike except we all know what a stock Busa looks like.[/Quote]

Hah! You won't get off that easy!
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
say we need pics!
wink.gif

Ya I'm with omslaw here....... We need PICS........

Don't care to wait for mods.....

And Welcome to our World......

IMG_0008.JPG

Welcome, wish i we're still up in the pac-northwest. Great part of the country you have up there. And lets see some pictures.

(shortBoarder @ Aug. 20 2007,18:40) Welcome to the board!

My votes:

1/ HID headlight. Don't pass go, just do it. Super bright + well worth the money. I put a 6K bulb in mine, and the cool white goes well with the Graphite Gray.

2/ I just put Galfer Wave rotors on the front and back, and realized that it was something that I should have upgraded long, long ago.
I have to say +1 the 8000K bulbs mark you, 6000K is the way to go. Just put Galfer brake pads all around, very impressed so far.

worthless.gif

Back