Help me ,guys!!! Opinions needed....now!!!

Shnizzle, I would rather have my testicles pounded flat with a wooden hammer than pay 7k for a bike that is essentially 6 years old and has mileage...it is still a 6 yr old bike and it is Gen I. You are being diagnosed by a professional...in therapy they say..."you spot it..you got it"..you have the fever right now..it is eating you alive..your nipples are hard just looking at that bike...walk away from it...everything the .org members said is true...chrome on a sports bike, 6 years old, he is asking way too much, Gen I...man, you can get brand new Gen II for mid 8k. When you get your bike..and I know you will...mod it yourself...part of the whole process ...the coolest thing, really..is going through each and every modification you are considering...we are men..and these are men things..this mod thing...color schemes...suspension, electrical, tires, wheels, mufflers, engine mods...man it is one of the biggest pleasures of owning a big powerful sexy beast like the busa...don't sell yourself out to another guys interpetation...even if it looks good...you go get yourself a clean slate and color your palate from your own taste...not another guy's taste... cough up a little more coin and get a new bike and make it your own creation...good luck to you..take an aspirin and get a good night sleep...2hip

Just as a comparison I live in Denver, CO and just got a stock '06 with 10k miles for $5600. That's the lowest I've seem them going for on Craigslist down here but the others sure seem to be listed for a LONG time.

Well, I don't see the ad anymore so I guess the guy sold it. I know the seller, he rode it maybe 400 kilometeres. Strangley, I don't think I feel crushed. I think all the bling blinded me......

Thanks to all who gave thier opins...

Shnizzle, I would rather have my testicles pounded flat with a wooden hammer than pay 7k for a bike that is essentially 6 years old and has mileage...it is still a 6 yr old bike and it is Gen I. You are being diagnosed by a professional...in therapy they say..."you spot it..you got it"..you have the fever right now..it is eating you alive..your nipples are hard just looking at that bike...walk away from it...everything the .org members said is true...chrome on a sports bike, 6 years old, he is asking way too much, Gen I...man, you can get brand new Gen II for mid 8k. When you get your bike..and I know you will...mod it yourself...part of the whole process ...the coolest thing, really..is going through each and every modification you are considering...we are men..and these are men things..this mod thing...color schemes...suspension, electrical, tires, wheels, mufflers, engine mods...man it is one of the biggest pleasures of owning a big powerful sexy beast like the busa...don't sell yourself out to another guys interpetation...even if it looks good...you go get yourself a clean slate and color your palate from your own taste...not another guy's taste... cough up a little more coin and get a new bike and make it your own creation...good luck to you..take an aspirin and get a good night sleep...2hip

That bike is $6600 USD.
A new 2010 in Canada will be $17,300 USD including tax (there is no tax on the used bike). I don't think we have any more 2009's left up here.
I did some checking, and for that bike, that still seems like a fairly good price.

As far as the comments about chrome on a sport bike, my chrome wheels and swing arm look great to me, and I would guess to a lot of others who have put chrome on their bikes.

These things are an individual choice, and reflect the owners love and commitment to the sport, and the way each individual expresses himself.

Some are used for daily transportation, some for touring, some for track days, some for drag racing, some are show bikes, some are hangar queens, some are projects to allow the owner to do mod after mod after mod, but ultimately there all are beautiful in their own right.
If a fellow is looking for one, and one catches his eye, then if he can afford the price, it is a good deal.
I wouldn’t buy one I didn’t like just because it was a little cheaper, just me.

For me I love mine, as it is a statement about me and what I have done to it (lots of mods). I couldn’t imagine selling it to get a new model, no matter how much better the new one is, again just me.

Hey good luck and your dream bike is out there. Buy it and fix it like you want and ride it safely!
Good luck!

^ I agree with Mike.

That is a very reasonable price for a Cdn bike. The chrome isn't for me but half the bikes on this forum are loaded with chrome it seems so everyone has their own idea of what a Busa is all about. The idea that you shouldn't buy a modded bike because that means that it has probably been flogged is got me confused. People mod their bikes because they like to mod their bikes....making them unique and better than stock and special so they don't look like every other bike on the block. It has nothing to do with owners abusing their bikes. The only downside is you may not like every mod done and it also limits what you might want to do with the bike as its already been done. I learned a long time ago not to get too upset about missing out on a bike or car as there is ALWAYS another one thats just as good or better just down the road. Thats also why I don't go looking in the ads after I have made my purchase.....:laugh:

I got my '02 for $4200.00. He was asking $4500.00. Mine also has many more miles on it. Definately low ball him. There's ALWAYS another busa in the ads.

A couple people mentioned that the Mods on the bike do not go towards the value of the bike, This is true to some degree, If the bike already has the Mods on it that you would do to it if it were stock then you should add some value to them, your just going to spend the money anyway after it is yours. I will admit I have enjoyed building Misty and am glad she was stock when I got her, But in the long run it may have been cheaper if she had some of them done before I got her.

Back