I'm still alive but need advice!

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
Ok, so since I haven't been on here in a LONG time I figure its best to post........ Something.

So far my bike has only had a few more miles put on it due to me leaving and coming back very often. But I have decided to throw a 1535 cc kit at it to give it some more balls. Yes, I know, she is fast enough, blah blah blah. I want gut wrenching speed that I can use at the Texas Mile when my friend and I go there in just a couple months.

So, for all the gear and tech heads out there, advice on this set up. Mainly getting stuff from APE unless someone has some better prices that I don't know about.

Also, where can I find a guide on pulling the motor? Or is it as simple as it looks?

Please leave your comments in the section below and PM me if you have parts for sale for this mod or the 08 and up tail section mod. Still looking for that stuff too. Been gone to much to actually research lately.

Thanks for any comments/questions/concerns/or ads.

yay

I don't know if I'm dumb, but I'm definitely depressed. I can't find the section on removal or installation of the engine.

I don't know if I'm dumb, but I'm definitely depressed. I can't find the section on removal or installation of the engine.

Engine mechanical, section 1D-19.
If you could find your glasses that you're wearing you probably would have found it.:poke::laugh:

depends on how it's built. parts from APE are top notch. throw a carpenter head on top and you'll be riding a pro street machine to work.

Take care when removing the motor, you can mess up a frame. Looking forward to the build, glad you're still here :laugh:

I'm going to be posting videos of the tear down and build so that not I can see all the parts as where they went, how they came off, etc. And also so everyone can see me mess up and have a good laugh :banghead:. All of the parts are coming from APE but I'm looking into the carpenter head as we speak. And good tips, hints, and tricks for motor removal that isn't explained in the book would be nice. Thanks ya'll and keep the shiny side up!

I would email Steve Knecum and see what he can do for you. You would be better off just taking the engine out of the frame and sending it to him for the complete build. Then re-install it yourself and have it tuned by Johnny Cheese on your way to the Texas Mile... :beerchug:

It will save you time, money in the long run, AND you'll make a LOT more power... :thumbsup:

I wouldnt go bigger than a 1441 for street duty. If your racing go crazy. The 1500+CC engines always run hot.

If you could shoot me his email I'll do that. I really like saving money! I know johnny already so I was already thinking about talking to him. Thanks and goods looking out bro!

I wouldnt go bigger than a 1441 for street duty. If your racing go crazy. The 1500+CC engines always run hot.

I thought about it, I did. But with the price of the 1441 not much different than I'm looking at for the 1535 I really have no choice. I knew about them running kind of hot but everyone says its not too bad.

******* ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: TO ANYONE STAYING IN SANTA FE! DO NOT STAY AT THE ELDORADO HOTEL!! I'm staying here right now and out of all of the hotels I've been in in the world, this hotel would not be on my top 10.:banghead: *******

Back on track, I AM still taking suggestions on this and ALL input is VERY important to me! THANK YOU!

Back