Which bike do you like better??

Kat99

Registered
So as some of you know I ride a Katana and as luck would have it , its most likely sold by the end of this week!! BUSA HERE I COME !!!!hahaha.

Seriously im looking at these two bikes right now, havent gone to seen them but the owners both say mint etc. blah blah.

Im leaning more towards the all stock one. What do you guys think? They are both the paint scheme that I like. Keep in mind price is in Canadian $.

The one with mods: Hayabusa / Possible trade for 1978-81 Z28 Camaro Reduced!! - Toronto Motorcycles For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

Stock Busa with lower mileage and he lowered his price to $6999: 2004 GSX1300R Suzuki Hayabusa - Toronto Motorcycles For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

What you guys think??

I was going to say, offer the guy with the near-stock $6500. The other is someone else's idea of a Busa.....If you buy the modded one, you'll either be very happy or always saying "Well the guy before me did all this stuff".....

If it was me, I'd take the rear stand and alarm over a list of custom items.....just me. :oldcool:

Well at least the add for the all stock got the year of the bike right. I'd go with the stock one to keep from getting scammed :whistle:

get the one you want Me I'd take the stock bike and take the extra $$$ and mod it the way I wanted it done. Undoing other peoples stuff can be a pain sometimes.

get the one you want Me I'd take the stock bike and take the extra $$$ and mod it the way I wanted it done. Undoing other peoples stuff can be a pain sometimes.

:werd:

Let us know which one you go with. Either way your.......... *sings* "Movin On Up"....

It would be easy to argue either one. The upgraded bike has lots of nice parts and seems to be tastefully done as long as you like the polished look and you will be able to see if it has been pampered when you go to look at it. If you plan on upgrading to this extent you can certainly save yourself a lot of cash by buying this bike.

The stock bike is the safe choice as long as it has been taken well care of also....not much detail in the ad though so you will have to ask a lot of questions and see for yourself in person. They are both going pretty cheap though so you can't complain about the prices either way.

Thanks for the advice!! This is the best forum!!

Im leaning more towards the stock one. I feel the one with all the aftermarke parts is a bit overdone. Little bit too much chrome for me, but i do like the race ready painted inners and alot of the mods I would do myself like the double bubble and Power commander.

I would lose out though on getting to know my bike. I am leaning more towards the stock one though.

Question: Do you think i can go to a Hayabusa from a Katana 600 without it being too overwhelming??

I was going to say, offer the guy with the near-stock $6500. The other is someone else's idea of a Busa.....If you buy the modded one, you'll either be very happy or always saying "Well the guy before me did all this stuff".....

If it was me, I'd take the rear stand and alarm over a list of custom items.....just me. :oldcool:

+1 i will always take one that hasn't been tinkered with. :whistle:

Thanks for the advice!! This is the best forum!!

Im leaning more towards the stock one. I feel the one with all the aftermarke parts is a bit overdone. Little bit too much chrome for me, but i do like the race ready painted inners and alot of the mods I would do myself like the double bubble and Power commander.

I would lose out though on getting to know my bike. I am leaning more towards the stock one though.

Question: Do you think i can go to a Hayabusa from a Katana 600 without it being too overwhelming??
Yes u can just remember the world of differance in to two bikes take it slow and easy till u get to know the new girl ride safe
Posted via Mobile Device

Question: Do you think i can go to a Hayabusa from a Katana 600 without it being too overwhelming??[/QUOTE]

How much riding experience do you have?

How much riding experience do you have?[/QUOTE]

Ive got about 6 months of experience . I can handle the Kat fairly well and have no problems throwing it in the corners. If anything I wish I had gotten a 750 Kat instead of the 600 as I was a bit bored after 3 weeks. I do love the size of the bike and the weight. Really makes you feel that you have a motorcycle under you. To be honest I dont really feel the weight. Im 5'8" 230lbs and work out regularly so im not that small. Just another reason why i want a BUsa. I think it would just fit me better , plus I like to ride 2-up often.

Not sure if its realavant or not but have never dropped the bike yet.

Last edited:
How much riding experience do you have?

Ive got about 6 months of experience . I can handle the Kat fairly well and have no problems throwing it in the corners. If anything I wish I had gotten a 750 Kat instead of the 600 as I was a bit bored after 3 weeks. I do love the size of the bike and the weight. Really makes you feel that you have a motorcycle under you. To be honest I dont really feel the weight. Im 5'8" 230lbs and work out regularly so im not that small. Just another reason why i want a BUsa. I think it would just fit me better , plus I like to ride 2-up often.

Not sure if its realavant or not but have never dropped the bike yet.[/QUOTE]

Well there are lots of threads on here about recommendations of when a rider is ready for a bike like a Busa or GSXR1000 or any high hp sportbike really. My opinion is that you should not consider a bike like the Busa until you have at least 5 years of sportbike experience under your belt.

Can of worms......open:poke:

Not sure if its realavant or not but have never dropped the bike yet.[/Q

Well there are lots of threads on here about recommendations of when a rider is ready for a bike like a Busa or GSXR1000 or any high hp sportbike really. My opinion is that you should not consider a bike like the Busa until you have at least 5 years of sportbike experience under your belt.

Can of worms......open:poke:

Thanks for the advice. I have definitly taken the power jump into consideration. One of my main factors is I like to ride 2 up alot and also ride for extended periods. I also like the low Rpm highway crusing as well. Basically looking for a solid bike thats going to be ok to ride for hundreds of miles daily. If I dont get a Busa , I would likely get a 750 Kat instead. Those are my two bikes right now that I feel fit well.

Last edited:
Not sure if its realavant or not but have never dropped the bike yet.

I'm kinda superstitious when it comes to my bikes so I follow the old saying, "There are those who HAVE gone down and those who WILL go down". It's not a question of if, it's a question of when and how hard.

(un)Fortunately I've been down hard and woke up with my helmet in the gas tank and missing most of the skin on my arm and part of my leg. That was 19 years ago so I have that one covered. Speaking of covered, the other saying I live by is ATGATT. All the Gear All the Time. Prepare for the accident that's waiting to happen.

Now, all that bad stuff out of the way, if you are smart and treat it with respect the busa is a great bike for most anyone. I came to it from a 600 Ninja 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Good luck with your purchase!

Back