Guys, does this ad look strange to you??

Ok ,

SO i called the guy and asked a few questions.

Heres something i found out and it seems kind of well, you guys be the judge.

He says he bought a salvage title a year ago for an 88 gsxr frame and somehow he registerd this bike as an 88 gsxr 750. He said he did it just to save on insurance. Anyone heard of someone doing this??

I asked him , when the cops pull him over dont they hastle him. He said NO because the VIN number on the ownership matches the insurance that matches the bike. He says that the frame of the hayabusa has the VIN number ground off and a sticker that has been put in its place which is the 88 gsxr VIN presumeably. This is going to pose as a problem as nobody will certify or safety the bike with it being registered like that.

THis sounds strange doesnt it?? Almost like a stolen bike in a way. I dont know, what do you think? Does this sound plausable??

Oh, and I was already able to get him to possibly agree to 4,000 bucks for the bike. Sounds desperate eh.

Last edited:
Ok ,

He says he bought a salvage title a year ago for an 88 gsxr frame and somehow he registerd this bike as an 88 gsxr 750. He said he did it just to save on insurance. Anyone heard of someone doing this??

I asked him , when the cops pull him over dont they hastle him. He said NO because the VIN number on the ownership matches the insurance that matches the bike. He says that the frame of the hayabusa has the VIN number ground off and a sticker that has been put in its place which is the 88 gsxr VIN presumeably. This is going to pose as a problem as nobody will certify or safety the bike with it being registered like that.

THis sounds strange doesnt it?? Almost like a stolen bike in a way. I dont know, what do you think? Does this sound plausable??

Oh, and I was already able to get him to possibly agree to 4,000 bucks for the bike. Sounds desperate eh.

Run and Call the POLICE................This bike might be a Fellow Member's here on the ORG.

Ok ,

Sounds like a can of worms down the road :banghead:

Run and Call the POLICE................This bike might be a Fellow Member's here on the ORG.

Maybe so,

This is more a US forum though and im in Toronto , Canada, but you do have a point.

Im trying to get into Law Enforcement myself so as the guy was telling me this story I was cringing a bit. It had red flag all over it.

Gonna make the call to the authorities in the morning i think.

who cares if its an .org member.. its a HAYABUSA owner.. whether he registered on this forum or not its worth helping someone out.:rulez:

Lets not make the assumption its stolen.

He mentioned in the phone call that he has been pulled over 3 times last year and they didnt give him any problems with the registration or insurance papers. Thats what he says.

The low mileage however, to me , is an indicator that it has not been ridden much possibly to avoid being detected or possibly because he has had a hard time selling it.

Either way, its fishy and I cant overlook it. Im gonna maybe mention it to them and let them go have a poke.

Ok ,

Don't force it otherwise you'll be kicking yourself. Why are you stuck on this one? There are so many available that are far from questionable.

vin's ground out...why would they need to do that? and if he is willing to lie for insurance purpose's...

True, as soon as he said that, my mind was off the bike.

I have no interest in this bike anymore.

Its highly possible that this bike is stolen though but im not pointing the finger just yet.

Back