Opinions needed! 1/4 mile time guesses

Bankrupt

Registered
So I've recent run a 9.58 at the track, I'll post pic of time slip. So I've got these mods as listed. 64inch wb , brock clutch mod, cushion and solid back torque limiter. Heavy springs, slave cylinder support , 16t front 40 rear strap for front, lowering links in rear , shinko hook up, bricks stainless sidewinder, and small box mod with brocks lid for no filter. Less the 0w oil with the additive brock mirror block off plate, dme 1.5inch oil pan. I'm looking to run into the 9.4s, I've lowered the front forks 3/4 inch in the forks, and also added instead of the stock 40t I added 41t aluminum vortex . Do you think these two things alone could get me into the 9.4s? Thanks left lane on ticket

20200731_205308.jpg

A gen 1 is going to have a hard time going 150 mph stock motor unless it has been lightened up a lot. Depending on the air 143 might be all it goes. The thing that doesn't add up is the 1/8 and 1/4 mph. Should be 119 and 147-ish or 115-ish and 143. Make very sure you are getting a really good tuck as soon as you are stable on the bike. You should be able to get the 60 down to low 1.4's so double that gain for 1/4 et gains puts you around 9.42-9.44 as a real goal changing nothing else.

A gen 1 is going to have a hard time going 150 mph stock motor unless it has been lightened up a lot. Depending on the air 143 might be all it goes. The thing that doesn't add up is the 1/8 and 1/4 mph. Should be 119 and 147-ish or 115-ish and 143. Make very sure you are getting a really good tuck as soon as you are stable on the bike. You should be able to get the 60 down to low 1.4's so double that gain for 1/4 et gains puts you around 9.42-9.44 as a real goal changing nothing else.
Hi. What RPM are you crossing the line at? I would like a 17 or 18 on the front. there is a lot of friction on running a chain around a small sprocket. Go with a bigger rear to cross the line at max RPM. The people that are helping me with my bike just ran a 6,34 ET.

Pics are of my gen 1 stock unopened motor. 72inch wheelbase and other stuff to help it get down the track. I think you got 9.4x if you can get that 60 foot down. Seat time is pretty important on accomplishing your goal. Your on the right track tho. Playing around with gearing will help you too. Keep up the good work. Those times are impressive in my eyes for a short wb gen 1. I’m shooting for 9.2x on my bike. You could run different fuel for easy extra power.

5BCB9F42-353F-4BC8-B68B-3A9A216388AD.jpeg

THANKYOU! That's what I needed. So I feel confident now I'll get it. With going up one in rear and that lower in front I think I might crack out a 1.49 and if I dont that would be plenty to dip into the 9.4s! Woo feeling good now I think I'm gonna win that $100 bucks my buddy bet me saying I wouldn't go 9.4 nothing with the mods I did after the 9.58. Thanks guys. Alot of good info for sure.

THANKYOU! That's what I needed. So I feel confident now I'll get it. With going up one in rear and that lower in front I think I might crack out a 1.49 and if I dont that would be plenty to dip into the 9.4s! Woo feeling good now I think I'm gonna win that $100 bucks my buddy bet me saying I wouldn't go 9.4 nothing with the mods I did after the 9.58. Thanks guys. Alot of good info for sure.
I didn't say the 1.4x would be easy. It will take practice but it is there.

Pics are of my gen 1 stock unopened motor. 72inch wheelbase and other stuff to help it get down the track. I think you got 9.4x if you can get that 60 foot down. Seat time is pretty important on accomplishing your goal. Your on the right track tho. Playing around with gearing will help you too. Keep up the good work. Those times are impressive in my eyes for a short wb gen 1. I’m shooting for 9.2x on my bike. You could run different fuel for easy extra power.

View attachment 1626360
Not exactly SWB but in some eyes it's close for sure. 64inch wb is what I was at, lost about 1/4 inch i4 size with going up 1 tooth in rear. But I'm shooting for that 1.49 60foot and I think if I can do that I'll get it! Thankyou!

I didn't say the 1.4x would be easy. It will take practice but it is there.
Nothing is easy when drag racing lol I understand that for sure. Just in my head I've always heard that a inch lower will get a bike a tenth of a second. So if I got .75 tenth faster because of the 3/4 inch lower up front, maybe that +1 tooth can carry the rest of the time needed.

Nothing is easy when drag racing lol I understand that for sure. Just in my head I've always heard that a inch lower will get a bike a tenth of a second. So if I got .75 tenth faster because of the 3/4 inch lower up front, maybe that +1 tooth can carry the rest of the time needed.
How you operate the clutch and throttle is very important in the sixty. It took me two trips to the track on my 08 stock motor hand clutch (been different setup for years) to get a good sixty. It is hard to change the muscle memory.

How you operate the clutch and throttle is very important in the sixty. It took me two trips to the track on my 08 stock motor hand clutch (been different setup for years) to get a good sixty. It is hard to change the muscle memory.
I hear ya. Yeah this is my first bike and I've been working to get it faster and faster. I've made a total of 4 trips I believe to the track ever. I've been posting the videos on youtube. This next visit to the track will definitely get recorded so hopefully I hit that number. Maybe I'll share the url for a video I have up of my 9.62 same night. Maybe see if you see me doing anything wrong.

That's a pretty good 60'. The slip you posted is about identical to what I see from my K6 Gixxer. I would say your MPH is right for the ET. I don't think lowering the front is going to be noticeable. But adding a tooth on the back should help. You are wanting to pick up a tenth of a second. That's a big jump.

I hear ya. Yeah this is my first bike and I've been working to get it faster and faster. I've made a total of 4 trips I believe to the track ever. I've been posting the videos on youtube. This next visit to the track will definitely get recorded so hopefully I hit that number. Maybe I'll share the url for a video I have up of my 9.62 same night. Maybe see if you see me doing anything wrong.
this youtube link is to the video of my 9.62, criticizing wanted. Thanks

That's a pretty good 60'. The slip you posted is about identical to what I see from my K6 Gixxer. I would say your MPH is right for the ET. I don't think lowering the front is going to be noticeable. But adding a tooth on the back should help. You are wanting to pick up a tenth of a second. That's a big jump.
I hear ya man. Yeah I'm not the most experienced when it comes down to it. Just a dreamer. Went from 10.0s to 9.58 with a sidewinder and air box mod and 16t up front lol so I'm optimistic

I hear ya man. Yeah I'm not the most experienced when it comes down to it. Just a dreamer. Went from 10.0s to 9.58 with a sidewinder and air box mod and 16t up front lol so I'm optimistic
Like I said that was a fair 60' on the slip you posted. But I just watched your video. I think you can launch harder. Just takes a lot of trips down the track to get that right and consistent. If you improve your 60' that goes all the way to the stripe with you.

Like I said that was a fair 60' on the slip you posted. But I just watched your video. I think you can launch harder. Just takes a lot of trips down the track to get that right and consistent. If you improve your 60' that goes all the way to the stripe with you.
yeah I agree. Im going to try to really launch it hard. I haven't gotten to the point where the wheel comes up yet so that tells me I'm not trying hard enough. Time will tell. its been raining here in south Florida a lot lately so I will get to the track maybe next week or week after. I will update everyone then. Thanks again for opinions!

Back