New goodies...pics...slight issue...need help

War Bird 13

Registered
just bought some new goodies for my 08...EVERYTHING is as good as i thought it would be...EXCEPT (and i have posted the pic to show it)...my front brake lever rubs and or touches when i need to turn my wheel FULL LEFT...was wondering if anyone else who has this Top Clamp from Brocks HAS or HAD the same issue...and how did u or can i fix it...spent over 2 hours moving things around and could not get it right...HELP PLEASE...also FYI...PC III and Alienhead full system coming next week...more pics after that...these upgrades in these pics include:.Brocks Ultra Light Clutch Mod (obviously no pics available 4 that), Brocks Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit, Brocks Adjustable Window Links, Brocks Billet Top Clamp and McCoys Billet Kickstand

Tracy's Bike Pics 001.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 002.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 003.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 004.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 005.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 006.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 007.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 008.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 009.jpg

Tracy's Bike Pics 010.jpg

hmm not sure on this one... sorry. I am also new to this type of lowering system, and would like some info about it pls. Looks awesome bro:beerchug:

hmm not sure on this one... sorry. I am also new to this type of lowering system, and would like some info about it pls. Looks awesome bro:beerchug:

whatever you wanna know about it please feel free to ask...am EXTREMELY happy with mine and probably gonna take it down just a bit more...we'll see after some more seat time at this height as i just got it done yesterday...enjoy

how much did you lower in the front. im about to lower mine with a rsd top clamp.

ive been looking into it. and it seems no matter what you have youll rub a lil at full lock. maybe adjust your lever back...

how much did you lower in the front. im about to lower mine with a rsd top clamp.

ive been looking into it. and it seems no matter what you have youll rub a lil at full lock. maybe adjust your lever back...

the guy that did it said he brought it down close to 3" overall...not sure about that...but i know it was a bunch because before at stock rideheight i could not put BOTH feet flat...now i can and then some...

Maybe you could benefit from the helirisers HeliBars Suzuki handlebars & risers by Heli Modified: Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa handlebar modification, Suzuki GSXR 1000 handlebar & riser, Suzuki GSXR 600 handlebar & riser, Suzuki GSXR 750 handlebar & riser, Suzuki SV1000S handlebar & riser. Looks like if you could move the assembly towards you you would gain the clearance your looking for. Thats what I came up with looking at the side view pic. I don't know if you could adjust the top clamp to avoid the fairing since they both are attached to the frame.

Last edited:
This is a common problem with the gen II's. Some more than others. I had to try several different brands the C-n-R's finally worked out. they look like Piazzos but at the time Piazzo wasn't producing any for the genII's yet because of the clearance problem

2 Q's...

1. From what I have noticed, alot of guys say that the ASV shorty levers work well here, but pazzo shorties rub as well. can anyone back this up?

2. Does this mod make your suspension stiffer? And I guess no more wheelies with the front tucked down like that?....:whistle:

I don't know that there's a fix for this. Just be aware of it. My risers activated the front brake at lock left :whistle:

2 Q's...

1. From what I have noticed, alot of guys say that the ASV shorty levers work well here, but pazzo shorties rub as well. can anyone back this up?

2. Does this mod make your suspension stiffer? And I guess no more wheelies with the front tucked down like that?....:whistle:

well have not tried to wheelie it YET...BUT...i think it still will....i got into it once and it fishtailed both ways for a short distance and started to hook up...but i shut it down as i am still getting used to the new ride height:whistle:

I don't know that there's a fix for this. Just be aware of it. My risers activated the front brake at lock left :whistle:

that's kinda what i'm thinking too...No fix...plus it only does it at full left and the ONLY time i HOPE to be there is just maybe pushing it around the garage OR locking the front end up:please:

Be careful and get this fixed...it can cause a fall at slow speeds.

i plan on looking at it some more BA...and it doesn't appear to activate the brake just barely begins to rub the inside of the fairing...but gonna keep trying with it...i also sent a text message to Brock to see if he has a fix for it since it is HIS part...:whistle:

my factory levers touch as well, after lowering , i have asv levers comeing so we will see!

o it dose not touch to the point of activating the brake so no issues right now !

My Gen I does that when I compare it to my stock clamp the handle bars set forward just a bit on the aftermarket clamp couldnt correct it for nothing it only bothered me when i was moving the bike to turn around

Back