question on new busa and frist.

Bink

Registered
I just bought a 09 busa.

My first mod I am going to get this week is a Brock CT Series™ Dual
all-titanium Full System exhaust and power commander.

Now question. I know the power commander comes with a map for brocks exhaust, but can I install it my self and ride it to the dyno for tuning? Or dose it even need to be on a dyno and tuned?
BP-CT-Dual_650.jpg

Pics of the exhaust I'm getting

Last edited:
Bink, congrats on ur new pipe. I have the single sided Brocks..it is the sweetest pipe...U can install the pc...make sure u follow the instructions correctly...dark wire attachs to the neg pole of battery...pc gets its electricity with the tap into the pink? wire below the sensor on right side of tank. Don't forget to install the pair valve shutoff or the O2 sensor canceller....
I dropped off over 40 lbs of weight getting rid of the space shuttle mufflers, installed new BST carbon fiber wheels with ceramic bearings...and lost almost 10 mpg....so, I am removing my pc and see what the bike runs like without the pc after the new pipes...I have a buddy who maps his own Busa and I may be playing around with that option...but I was in total shock at loss of mpg with such a huge weight loss..Bst wheels + ceramic bearings...u can tell just by pushing the bike around in the garage alot of the parasitic drag has been lessened...so not happy with the pc at this moment..but I am in the evaluation stage and work is hammering me currently..
U will not have any problems with getting bike to the dyno..ping me if u need any help...I can get that sucker connected and disconnected in less than 5 minutes now...:rofl:

i hate you. you too alan. i want that exhaust soooooo bad. come on brocks, wheres the love for the gen 1 guys? a custom tune will usually be a little better than a canned tune, considering that local variables such as altitude, relative air density, and temperature are taken into account. however, i've heard fantastic things about the brocks tunes.

Bink, congrats on ur new pipe. I have the single sided Brocks..it is the sweetest pipe...U can install the pc...make sure u follow the instructions correctly...dark wire attachs to the neg pole of battery...pc gets its electricity with the tap into the pink? wire below the sensor on right side of tank. Don't forget to install the pair valve shutoff or the O2 sensor canceller....
I dropped off over 40 lbs of weight getting rid of the space shuttle mufflers, installed new BST carbon fiber wheels with ceramic bearings...and lost almost 10 mpg....so, I am removing my pc and see what the bike runs like without the pc after the new pipes...I have a buddy who maps his own Busa and I may be playing around with that option...but I was in total shock at loss of mpg with such a huge weight loss..Bst wheels + ceramic bearings...u can tell just by pushing the bike around in the garage alot of the parasitic drag has been lessened...so not happy with the pc at this moment..but I am in the evaluation stage and work is hammering me currently..
U will not have any problems with getting bike to the dyno..ping me if u need any help...I can get that sucker connected and disconnected in less than 5 minutes now...:rofl:
oh yea, if you ever decide to get rid of your bike, you know who to call alan.

love my brocks, as for the map I like it I just recieved 3 others from brocks going to load them and see which one I like more

What's the deal with the tune? I have a gen 1 but I thought the gen 2 with the O2 sensor would keep the AFR in check.

What's the deal with the tune? I have a gen 1 but I thought the gen 2 with the O2 sensor would keep the AFR in check.

Nope, still needs to be tuned to get the best performance out of your bike.. After installing my new exhaust my a/f ratio was down in the twelves ???

Thanks for all the info. I will take it to the dyno for tuning after the installs.

Will that mess with pre installed map from Brocks? ???

Sorry I am new at this and don't want to screw things up or go cheap on the bike.

Thanks for all the info. I will take it to the dyno for tuning after the installs.

Will that mess with pre installed map from Brocks? ???

Sorry I am new at this and don't want to screw things up or go cheap on the bike.

Tuner will just "tweak" the map for optimum performance.

Back