New goodies...pics...slight issue...need help

yeah i had the same issue. i just keep adjusting the levers up or down.

Then I installed soupy's 1inch block and it is better, still touching in full lock, but not to cause a sudden stop

Mine did the the same when i lowered it. So what I did was adjust the brake lever down a bit. So just losen the bolts that holds the lever in place, turn the handle bars left until the lever starts touching the fairing and just move it down until it dosen't affect your brakes anymore.

the problem is in the tripple you used to lower the bike, they had to move the bars forward about 1/4 inch from stock to make room for the fork legs to pass up through the top clamp....all of the new top triples do it, the only way around it is to use heli bars instead, or change the levers out, if it were me id have the forks internally lowered by changing the spacer out inside the fork and leaving the triples alone and in stock form...other then that bike looks good...dont ride it around anywhere with that strap on the front end other then the drag strip....you will have 0 suspension and the straps can and will brake...getting slapped in the face with one will most certainly make you go down:whistle: be carefull and keep on moddin

The problem is definitely in the tree. i had the same issue after lowering my bike. I was using a aftermarket Gen2 triple tree i believe it was a NYC Parts tree. After installing the tree the brake lever would rub a bit but never caused any issues while riding but when pushing the bike around in the garage at a full left turn the brake would totally engage. The problem was fixed when i bought a different Gen2 tree. What i found out was the NYC Parts tree sat higher then my current tree allowing the levers to touch.

Bike is lookin really good and can't wait to see the rest of the mods you have planned. Congrats on all the hard work!!:thumbsup:

The only real fix, with most ogf the aftermarket clamps is to modify the inners so it doesn't rub or hit!

Back